Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well! not sure how to explain as I've tried explaining to Ford service agents for Cavalier Ford (where I've bought my ST from) several times, atleast twice in fact. Anyways! Here's the issue. I have an "18 ST with Turbo". Almost everyday or every other day it seems like my car accelerator slowly getting stuck when I press in the clutch pedal, let off the accelerator fully when switching gears. Basically, what I mean is...when I go to switch gears when up-shifting, when I press the clutch in and "fully" let off the accelerator, the RPMs automatic jump up 350-400 more rev than needed which makes my car difficult to shift smoothly. The thing is, there are days my car runs and shift smoothly and most days...well! it's irritating.

When I've explained this issue to Cavalier Ford, they ran tests and point-inspections and can't find nothing wrong. They took test drives and says your car's fine. At this point, i'm thinking it could be the accelerator might need adjusting (but, I don't know how to adjust it) either the RPM module might need re-tune, the Turbo is clogging somehow. I've checked the air filter today, it's "yellow" was originally White but, going to replace it with KN air filter on next paycheck or I may think about getting the whole exhaust system replace with an performance exhaust instead.

So, please if anyone has any ideas, I could use them. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you ride with them when they tested it? Tell them you want to talk to the factory rep if they can't find the answer.
Yeah I did, when I told them about it the second time. One of their mechanics, rode with me to see exactly what I mean but, at that time, the car was fine during the test drive. However, before I've took my car to the shop, it wasn't. it's kinda odd. One thing I've noticed yesterday though, was the Oil Pressure gauge was sitting at 6-7psi when idling. To me that's low, probably not normal... Not sure if the oil pressure has anything to do with this issue but, at the moment my car is normal when shifting at 30-42 psi, unless it's something else.

I drove manuals for couple of years and never had this type of issue before but anyways, thanks! I'll try to ask the factory reps if they would know the answer. if not, they can keep the car lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts