Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
I've purchased a 2018 Ford Fusion in february. Just today as I was looking at the engine compartment I realized that there's no engine cover. The engine plastic mask/cover that most cars have.
The car has been purchased in Ohio. Does the 2018 fusion come without an engine mask? Or do I need to go to the dealership and ask for one?

Mine's a 2018 Fusion SE 2.5L

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
8,280 Posts
I think only the EcoBoost and Hybrid comes with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check with dealership if that year / model was fitted with one .
I went back to the dealer. They had no idea.
However I've checked 3 other 2.5L fusions that were sitting there. None of them had one. I guess it doesn't come with one. Although I find this very strange. I didn't think there were new cars today that didn't have an engine cover.

·
Super Moderator
20,321 Posts
I went back to the dealer. They had no idea.
However I've checked 3 other 2.5L fusions that were sitting there. None of them had one. I guess it doesn't come with one. Although I find this very strange. I didn't think there were new cars today that didn't have an engine cover.
Looks like it from what you say on checking but just random Googling that year and model , it throws up this example with picture of engine compartment with a cover .

https://www.lindsaycars.com/new-Alexandria-2018-Ford-Fusion-SE-3FA6P0HD6JR157729

1 - 5 of 5 Posts