Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2018 Mustang ecoboost performance pack with the 10 speed auto transmission. Yesterday when I went to put the car into drive it did not want to go into gear like it was in neutral for about 4-5 seconds, then the transmission kicked into gear really hard almost spun the wheels. after this happened the car drove completely normal. A little while later when i put it into drive it did the same thing again, but after this time on my dash a orange wrench appeared that said see owners manual. I checked the manual and could not find anything about this wrench light. After I got home I disconnected the battery for about 10 minutes to see if the light would go away. I restarted the car and the wrench light came back on right away. Today when I left for work in the morning the transmission shifted into gear just fine and did not kick at all but the wrench icon was still there. after i got home and the transmission was up to temp I put it into drive again and the transmission did the same thing again, act like its in neutral and then after 4-5 seconds kicks into gear. it appears this only happens when the transmission is up to normal operating temp. I went to autozone to see if there was any codes since the wrench icon was still on but they did not find any codes at all. If anyone has any idea what could cause this please anything will help. I am planning on taking it to a ford dealer very soon but wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem before.
Thank you, - Andy

·
Super Moderator
21,583 Posts
Take it to the dealership where they will have the proper diagnostic equipment to retrieve the fault code and also check if any TSBs or software updates are pertaining to your vehicle .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts