Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forums and would like to say Hello. I am the owner of a 2020 Escape Hybrid and I'm hoping someone might to able to answer my question in relation to the Air Conditioner, as well as Heated Steering wheel and Heated seats. Question 1: When I first got the car I don't remember the Air Conditioner coming on (A/C button lighting up) when I started the car, now it seems that every time I start the car the a/c light comes on even though I manually shut of the a/c when shutting of the car the previous time I used it. Now here's the really odd thing, every once in awhile when starting the car the a/c light does not come on, but most times it does. I have owned several Fords and still own a 2017 Fusion Titanium and when I shut off the a/c it stays off until I manually put it on again, I never remember a vehicle that does what the escape is presently doing.
Second question is: when I turn on the heated seats and the heated steering wheel and don't turn them off before shutting off the car, the next time I start the car the heated seats and heated steering are still on. Again when I turn off my 2017 Fusion, when starting the car the next time, the heated seats and heated steering wheel default to off. Again this how all the other fords I've owned worked. I have checked all the settings and only find any climate adjustments under the remote start feature where you can set what happens from Auto to Last Setting, but this only applies to the remote start feature. My wife and I love this car but are hoping it's just a setting we're missing rather than something already wrong with an electrical component. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. my email is: [email protected] Thank you in advance for any assistance anyone can offer.

·
Super Moderator
8,457 Posts
Welcome aboard!! One of two things, if climate control is on "Auto, and the cabin temp is above setpoint, AC will come on. Also, AC comes on during defrost to dry out the air as it clears the windshield. My impression on what Ford says about the seat and the steering is that it should begin in the off mode. Particularly if you have it coming on in AC. You might want to have Ford take a look at it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. Have had escape in 3 times now for a total of 16 days for 3 different issues, they keep ignoring the A/C issue with it coming on every time I start the car, although as I said there are times it works the way it should and does not come on. I tried calling Ford directly but was told they have no technical help anymore and I have to go to the dealer!! It’s just one vicious circle!!! Just wondering, do you have the 2020 Escape?? If so could you try starting the car, turn on the A/C for a moment then shut A\C off first before turn engine off, wait a few seconds and then restart the car and see if your A/C light comes back on. My quests is it will not, I had 3 recent 2020 Ford rentals while my escape was in for warranty repairs, and not one of them did what the escape does, never had a car do this. Once A\C is manually shut off it shouldn’t come back on until the A\C button is manually pressed again. If you can do that test I would really appreciate it.
Thank you in advance for any help you can offer! This is really frustrating.
Kind Regards,
Chuck

·
Super Moderator
20,684 Posts
Had a few Fords doing something similar , also my son also first noticed this a few years back on one of his cars . What was happening was sometimes when heater fan was switched on the air con would come on . It was more often when it was set to screen and especially if it was damp or wet but not always . It was tied into the solar sensor for climate control on top , centre of dash panel at windscreen . It was optimizing for best settings for conditions . Was working as it should .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure I understand?? Should I consider this normal, or is there something I can do to eliminate the A/C from coming on unless I manually turn it on?

·
Super Moderator
20,684 Posts
On the vehicles I had this , nothing I did or settings would make any difference . Even tried many suggestions from other knowledgeable car people I know , but none solved it . Others had the same complaint . Had to live with it and manually switch off , which was very annoying .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thank you very much. Just hoping someone with a 2020 Escape could have let me know if theirs did the same, just wondering if this is inherent to this model year.
kind Regards,
Chuck

·
Super Moderator
20,684 Posts
" someone with a 2020 Escape could have let me know if theirs did the same " That would be ideal .

·
Super Moderator
20,684 Posts
That would be terrific, please let me know if anyone answers. Thank you again for all your replies!!!
Will update if any new info or replies from other members who can shed some light on this .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts