Ford Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all having some trouble removing the rear wiper arm on our Escape. Long story short, the arm snapped off in the carwash, but the bottom was still bolted on.

Removed the nut with no issue, but can't get it off the bolt for the life of me. Bought a puller made for this specifically and still wouldn't budge even with penetrating fluid.

Next step would be to try and cut into the plastic to "break" it off the bolt itself but I'd rather avoid doing something like that if possible.

Am I missing a retaining clip or something else? Couldn't find anything else online about this, it seems most people have luck with just the puller yanking it off.

·
Super Moderator
10,227 Posts
Shouldn't be. They use Loctite when fastening it, but that should only be on the threads. Can you send a pic so we can see where you're stuck?

·
Super Moderator
10,227 Posts
There is also a bushing. I can't tell the material, but if yo cut most of the way through, you might be able to get it to split if you can figure out a way to make a home made nut splitter. I've done it with a triangular file and vice grips, just don't do it with a good file. You may not get it back in one piece.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts