Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2020 Explorer and right away ran into a deep sleep notice on my Ford Pass... Car was in the garage and had a dead battery... had to jump it to get it started... found a few others on blogs who have had the same experience but no one seems to know anything about it. Car is back at the dealers service dept. but no one seems to know what is going on. Anyone out there who can point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks R.S. but I have that one... I guess the operative sentence in that missive is "If the concern is still present, follow normal diagnostics in Workshop manual (WSM) Sec. 414-01 General Procedures." I think that means if the software fix doesn't work, we have no idea what to do. Which is exactly what I'm hearing from the dealership at the moment. They did try the software fix and we promptly got the "Deep Sleep" method again?

·
Super Moderator
21,193 Posts
Surprised they haven't got to the root cause of this .Todays cars can be so complex with all the modern technology it can be a bitch at times nailing down some faults . Bad show all around, especially for the customer . In rare occasions in years gone by when I had such a problem we had Techs fly up from the factory to examine vehicles . In worse scenarios , they returned the cars to the factory for testing if unable to rectify on site .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks R.S. ... I just can't believe how a problem like this can be out there on the internet with people complaining about it and no one at the dealership has ever heard about it and they say they don't know what to do if the software fix doesn't work. I expressed my feeling that if no fix was found they should return the car to Ford for research purposes and they blew off that idea as crazy. Your experience in "years gone by" is exactly what I was thinking. I paid $55k for a car and I'm told there is something wrong with it that could let me down anywhere and I'm supposed to say OK, I'll keep an eye on it! Thanks, your response doesn't solve the problem but certainly made me feel like I not completely crazy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2020 Explorer and right away ran into a deep sleep notice on my Ford Pass... Car was in the garage and had a dead battery... had to jump it to get it started... found a few others on blogs who have had the same experience but no one seems to know anything about it. Car is back at the dealers service dept. but no one seems to know what is going on. Anyone out there who can point me in the right direction?
I've had my 2020 Explorer about 5 months with no issues, but tonight upon returning after a 5 day trip with my car parked at the airport it was "dead" - I could not get the door key pad to light up and I had left the keys in the car. I tried to use Ford Pass to unlock it and got the "Deep Sleep" message saying must start the car using the key. I too thought the battery was dead. First problem was to get into the car (Ford Roadside Assistance sent out Pop-A-Lock guy). He got the car open in 30 seconds and as soon as he opened the door, the dash lights all came on and the car came alive. Battery was NOT dead and upon checking it does not appear I left any lights on that would drain it. Simple fix, but stressful hour plus wait to get help. Drove home (90 minute drive) and no issues. So I'm stumped ... but I will no longer be leaving the key in the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi tahagan,
I purchased a 2020 Escape a few months ago and it has been into the dealer 3 times as of last Monday for a total of 16 days for one thing or another. One of the issues was, system shutdown to save battery as well as a few times “Vehicle is in deep sleep” remote options have been disabled. Tell them to check the BMS ( Battery Monitoring Sensor) have them put a new one in as well as a new battery. Hope this helps.
I would like to see if you can help me with another issue I have. When I’m driving with the A/C on (not on Auto) and have reached home I always turn the A/C off with the A/C button, I most always leave fan speed on low, but almost every time I get back in and restart the car the A/C button lights up so the A/C comes back on. Never had a car do this. This happens 80-90 percent of the time with the remaining percent where when I restart the car it doesn’t come back on. No one seems to know anything about this. Wondering if you have the same issue or does your A/C stay off and only come back on when you manually press the A/C button. Really appreciate your feed back.
Are you having any other issues?
“Shift System Fault” service required messages???
Thank you and Kind Regards,
Chuck
[email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts

I’m having same problem car has died 5 time’s now,

2020 Ford Platinum

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my 2020 Explorer about 5 months with no issues, but tonight upon returning after a 5 day trip with my car parked at the airport it was "dead" - I could not get the door key pad to light up and I had left the keys in the car. I tried to use Ford Pass to unlock it and got the "Deep Sleep" message saying must start the car using the key. I too thought the battery was dead. First problem was to get into the car (Ford Roadside Assistance sent out Pop-A-Lock guy). He got the car open in 30 seconds and as soon as he opened the door, the dash lights all came on and the car came alive. Battery was NOT dead and upon checking it does not appear I left any lights on that would drain it. Simple fix, but stressful hour plus wait to get help. Drove home (90 minute drive) and no issues. So I'm stumped ... but I will no longer be leaving the key in the car.
How do you start ur vehicle with the key i couldnt fund my key slot on mine i have a 2020 st that has died 8 times already with 4k miles barely on it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts