Ford Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 2020 Explorer and right away ran into a deep sleep notice on my Ford Pass... Car was in the garage and had a dead battery... had to jump it to get it started... found a few others on blogs who have had the same experience but no one seems to know anything about it. Car is back at the dealers service dept. but no one seems to know what is going on. Anyone out there who can point me in the right direction?
I have a 2020 Escape Hybrid that went into Deep Sleep when we were 5 hours away from home and I had the car only around 2 weeks. Ford sent Road Side Asst. who jumped the car, but when that didn't work the fellow from Roadside Asst. did a Key Lock reset where you must lock the doors and then unlock the doors and then start the car. It worked fine. When we got home I took it to the local Ford dealer to be checked out. They never heard of Deep Sleep, even though the ford app on my phone had it. Anyway, the car had numerous error messages on their diagnostic computer which were cleared by a reset. Several weeks later the Service tech called to say Ford sent a notice advising that cars can go into Deep Sleep, but that Ford had no idea how to address this issue and was working on it. Last week ( a few months after Deep Sleep) I brought it in for a door hinge adjustment and the service fellow said that it had again numerous Module Error messages even after an update, but the car seems to run fine. So, bottom line is that Ford now acknowledges this issue but doesn't know what causes it yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my 2020 Explorer about 5 months with no issues, but tonight upon returning after a 5 day trip with my car parked at the airport it was "dead" - I could not get the door key pad to light up and I had left the keys in the car. I tried to use Ford Pass to unlock it and got the "Deep Sleep" message saying must start the car using the key. I too thought the battery was dead. First problem was to get into the car (Ford Roadside Assistance sent out Pop-A-Lock guy). He got the car open in 30 seconds and as soon as he opened the door, the dash lights all came on and the car came alive. Battery was NOT dead and upon checking it does not appear I left any lights on that would drain it. Simple fix, but stressful hour plus wait to get help. Drove home (90 minute drive) and no issues. So I'm stumped ... but I will no longer be leaving the key in the car.
This exact same thing happened to me two days ago and with the same resolution. Had locked the keys in my 2021 Explorer so I wouldn't risk losing them on vacation. Keypad didn't light up after 7 days at the airport parking garage and Ford Pass gave me the deep sleep mode message. Very frustrating. Ford Roadside Assistance sent out a locksmith and once he opened the door everything came up. I am also hesitant to lock the keys in the car going forward. There should be another way to mitigate this or turn off deep sleep mode. Does anyone know any other solutions to this issue?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts