Ford Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I was on my way home from the store last night and when taking off from a light my truck fell on its face. I then let off the throttle and reapplied then the truck accelerated normally. This was a total random hiccup, but I wanted to see if any here with more mile on the OD has had this happen with more frequency. My truck is a 2020 F250 w/ 7.3L gas 4x4 w/ 2,400 miles. Other than this little issue I absolutely love the truck.

·
Super Moderator
22,221 Posts
Wouldn't bother about it unless it started happening regularly . Probably a one off . I have had the same with various other makes . Sometimes in many cases it happens just as the engine is reaching full working temp .

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts
I have the same truck (7.3, 4x4, August 2020 build date), almost the same mileage, with no problems. I would not worry.
As Logan said, it happens once and a while with all makes of computer controlled cars and trucks. It should not lead to problems. You made a good choice, I love my truck too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone.

I was on my way home from the store last night and when taking off from a light my truck fell on its face. I then let off the throttle and reapplied then the truck accelerated normally. This was a total random hiccup, but I wanted to see if any here with more mile on the OD has had this happen with more frequency. My truck is a 2020 F250 w/ 7.3L gas 4x4 w/ 2,400 miles. Other than this little issue I absolutely love the truck.
Hello everyone.

I see where your coming from,

I took delivery of my F250 4x4 King Ranch with a 7.3 Gas engine in July 2020. I have the exact same issue. Worse if I take off slow to cross over a 2 lane with divider then take my foot off the accelerator to see the on coming traffic but then want to stomp on the gas to accelerate it will bog down. This happens more than occasionally and is very annoying. My 2004 F250 5.4 L with 360,000 miles never had this issue it was always very responsive. I hope they come up with a fix or I will be trading this in soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see where your coming from,

I took delivery of my F250 4x4 King Ranch with a 7.3 Gas engine in July 2020. I have the exact same issue. Worse if I take off slow to cross over a 2 lane with divider then take my foot off the accelerator to see the on coming traffic but then want to stomp on the gas to accelerate it will bog down. This happens more than occasionally and is very annoying. My 2004 F250 5.4 L with 360,000 miles never had this issue it was always very responsive. I hope they come up with a fix or I will be trading this in soon.
I’m having the exact same issues. My F250 Tremor with the 7.3 gasoline engine is only 4 months old and and has caused me a lot of frustration. Scary at times. I put the pedal to the floor when changing lanes in traffic, and it just “froze”! I thought I was going to get rear ended. It does this “stall” daily. Even during normal city driving. I have gotten so irritated. The 10 speed transmission also seems to have a mind of its own. It’s like the electronics are screwy. I’ve driven and owned only Ford trucks for 36 years. This is proving to be a complete disappointment. I’m about to email Ford a long complaint!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m having the exact same issues. My F250 Tremor with the 7.3 gasoline engine is only 4 months old and and has caused me a lot of frustration. Scary at times. I put the pedal to the floor when changing lanes in traffic, and it just “froze”! I thought I was going to get rear ended. It does this “stall” daily. Even during normal city driving. I have gotten so irritated. The 10 speed transmission also seems to have a mind of its own. It’s like the electronics are screwy. I’ve driven and owned only Ford trucks for 36 years. This is proving to be a complete disappointment. I’m about to email Ford a long complaint!
I will as well, still having the exact same issues and you are correct the 10 speed trans does seem to have a mind of its own. I now have 12,500 miles on it and still doing it. So annoying!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue 2020 F-250 7.3 Godzilla 10 Speed Trans, STX, FX4 I can repeat this fairly easily by oscillating the pedal. I have logged a complaint in the NHTSA. I suggest you do the same. This may be the only way we can get Ford to acknowledge the issue and come up with a better program

Hello everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts