Ford Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new F150 back in March and noticed the squeaking from braking, no problem new brakes. I am now at 9k miles and they are still squeaking at a certain pressure from brake pedal. Dealership said it’s humidity but I tested out their trucks and none of them squeaked. Friends of mine have the same vehicle and not one them have this problem.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought a new F150 back in March and noticed the squeaking from braking, no problem new brakes. I am now at 9k miles and they are still squeaking at a certain pressure from brake pedal. Dealership said it’s humidity but I tested out their trucks and none of them squeaked. Friends of mine have the same vehicle and not one them have this problem.
Put some brake grease on the back of the pads. Permatex sells some. Permatex® Disc Brake Quiet
Not sure, but I don't think the pads have any on them from the factory.... never checked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever find out what the problem is?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2021 with 18k that is 6 months old . I drive a lot for my career ( PM for civil construction) . Brakes have squeaked since 3k miles. Work is finally slowing down and now Ford says anything over 12k they don’t cover it. Kind of pissed that I spent 50k on a truck and they won’t stand behind it. They want $50 to look at it and I think I will go that route unless I get another idea. Was just wondering if anyone else had this problem and what the fix was for the squeaking. I have done little to no towing and no hard braking , just lots of highway driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts