Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well had the ute dynoed today (what a day to do it..40 degrees).

Got 209.9rwkw. This is with intake, catback exhuast and 5000kms on the clock. Is that consistant with others with the same mods and kms?

The dynoer said he had done plenty of ba xr8s in stock form and they range from 180rwkw to 204rwkw. Doesn't know why there is such a huge variation.

·
EFII Ghia owner
355 Posts
could be because some of the Xr8s may have not been warn in properly yet

·
Registered
336 Posts
fullthrottle said:

Got 209.9rwkw. This is with intake, catback exhuast and 5000kms on the clock. Is that consistant with others with the same mods and kms?

The dynoer said he had done plenty of ba xr8s in stock form and they range from 180rwkw to 204rwkw. Doesn't know why there is such a huge variation.
I'd be happy with that in this heat. It will be good to see what it improves to at 10,000. My mods feel non existant out there today.

When did you get the cats back done, and what did you decided on? Does this mean the research is now complete... or just beginning now for the rest of the exhaust.

What fuel did you have in the ute? The same as you run day to day?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had the catback system for about 3 - 4 weeks now. However I started playing with the exhaust about 2 months before that.
Am I happy with the current exhaust? From a sound perspective its okay. I'd give it a 7/10. Won't be happy until I get the old school v8 (which is impossible with these engines) For the moment I don't intend to play around with the catback anymore.
I have emailed HPX for dyno figures on their catback system, I hope they can supply them!

Next on the list will be extractors, and at this stage I think I will be going the Pacemakers. Apparently they give a bit more bottom end than the Difilipo ones as they aren't as big. But this compromises top end.

I use Mobile 8000. I use that everyday. Ocassionally I use Shell Optimax. It's all the same to me.

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Sound's like a good result but remember it's only a printout(dyno's) as long as you can feel or notice the power and your happy that's all that matter's.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeh trouble is... my mods are done progressively. So adding 7 to 8 kws at a time I can't notice any big differences lol. Dad drove it today and said it is a lot smoother to drive then when the car was stock. But that could be because the car is being run in more with every km.

Anyways, hoping that someone else with similar mods has had a run. Need to know if 209.9 is around the ball park.

·
Registered
85 Posts
All you have to do to convert kw to hp is times the kw by 1.34 so 1 kw=1.34hp
the xr8 is 260 kw atm and ism = to 348.4 hp atm

·
Officially Bored with 347
3,584 Posts
Okay for you smart intelligent people... If Im getting 321 rw/hp or roughly 240 rw/kw what am I getting at the Fly???

·
Registered
85 Posts
fullthrottle said:

ORSMXR got 205 rw standard

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
fullthrottle yours is a auto ?? that takes the Dyno figure down a bit, who did the dyno on your ute??

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nah its a manual. I got it done at EFI Dynamics. :eek:)
I think it needs a extractors and a chip lol. $$$$$

CAPA have some dyno figures on their site, they got ~ 196rwkw on a stock BA XR8.
So if I use that as a baseline, the intake and catback has added ~14rwkws.

It's only done 5000kms, so hopefully more will come as it ticks over.

204rwkw stock sounds pretty good!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
you loose about a 3rd though the drive train 240kw is 2 3rds of the power there for 1 3rd is half of 240 which is 120 so add 120 to 240 which gives you 360

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
if you use the 30% loss rule then just multiply the rwkw by 1.33 and you will get the estimated fwkw :eek:)

So 240rwkw = 319fwkw

204rwkw = 271fwkw (Interesting for a stocky)

196rwkw = 260fwkw (CAPA dyno pretty much on the ball in this case)

My 209.9rwkw = 279.8fwkw

Note: The 1.3 rule is just an estimate. There are too many variables to come up with a generic formula.

·
Mr Photoshop
1,155 Posts
330boss said:
you loose about a 3rd though the drive train 240kw is 2 3drs of the power there for 1 3rd is half of 240 which is 120 so add 120 to 240 which gives you 260

I think thats taking too much away. drivetrain wouldn't take that rob that much power.
Looking at what other cars pull compared to their advertised figures. The GTS and Boss 290 put around 230rwkw in standard form. If you take away a third of power from the boss 290 would make around 193rwkw, the GTS 200rwkw, XR8 173rwkw and the Turbo 160rwkw. I think the easiest way to guess how much power is being made at the fly is to look at the rwHP and use that figure in KW. It would probably be the closest way to the figure without taking out the engine and chucking it on the engine dyno :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts