Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the latest issue of Street Machine it says that the stroker T-Series will have 250KW.
The 250KW output of the stroker engine exceeds the durability of the locally-built T5 five-speed gearbox and so provides Tickford with the excuse to install the Mexican-built T56 six-speed gearbox. Together with lower diff gears ( 3.7 or 3.9:1 ), the tough Tickfords should finally have the grunt and gearing to be a straight-line match for HSV's 255KW Gen 3.

T

·
0 Posts
have'nt read the article myself, who did the interview and to whom. or are they stabbing at figures in the dark.

·
Turbo Pilot
85 Posts
IF all this information was true and accurate, I would be very disappointed that members of this forum would have to wait for Magazines like Street Machine to hit the newsagent to find out facts about upcoming performance models.

Since all that has been seen so far on FF are hints and innuendo Hopefully this is just speculation, as is Motor Mags prediction of a 260KW stroker, because it would be real nice to at least think that information like that would be posted here before it was published.

T

·
0 Posts
Street Machine Magazine is biased towards Holden anyway. Most of the journo's drive the latest HSV's and SS's. Gifts from the General no doubt, for favouritism. I would go for Motor Magazine's stroker story, only because of the reputation and the "sometimes" honest opinion of the writers. Ewan Page tells it like it is. Wheels magazine would be another good mag, if not for Peter Robinson at the helm, it too would end up like Street Machine Magazine.

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
Year I wouldn't believe too much of it my self.
I would think Ford would want to be ahead of Holden in the HP stakes anyway.

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
Street Machine Magazine is biased towards Holden anyway. Most of the journo's drive the latest HSV's and SS's. Gifts from the General no doubt, for favouritism. I would go for Motor Magazine's stroker story, only because of the reputation and the "sometimes" honest opinion of the writers. Ewan Page tells it like it is. Wheels magazine would be another good mag, if not for Peter Robinson at the helm, it too would end up like Street Machine Magazine.
Dunno about that DOC. I have a friend who is an associate editor at Street Machine Magazine who has very blue blood and he tells me he is definately not alone in the office. I haven't noticed a strong bias either way in the magazine. I guess it is all a bit like the Summernats event. I always hear the complaints about the fact that there were more Holdens than Fords entered... but what can you do? That's what people enter, it drives us in scruitineering crazy when so many of the same type of vehicle come through. Believe me, we get pretty tough on the cars when we have so many of one type entered and a lot of them are either rejected or given restricted entry (ie NO driving allowed inside the complex, car enters and is parked for the rest of the event).

I will try to find out where Street Machine got their info on the T-Series stroker output and let you know.

:cool:

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Street Machine is always about a month behind when it comes to new car news or rumours. The 250kw news has been around for ages, my god it came out in Motor a few months ago.;)

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
The 250kW figure is a figure that has been thrown around for some time now. Whether it is true or not, I guess only time will tell.

I think it is a good thing that the proposed T-Series stroker is being written about in these magazines and that suggested output figures are being thrown around... if it gets people talking about Ford, this can only be a good thing :D

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
I guess atleast we know that its true, they can't let it get this far and then drop it.
If they did we may have to storm FoMoCo HQ and take over the place.:nuts:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Adam W said:
Sshhhhhhhh!!!! You're giving away the details of the October trip!! ;) Seriously though, I'm glad to see Ford taking the fight upto HSV.. god knows we can kick there arse.. now it's the publics time to know.. :cool:

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Adam W said:
I guess atleast we know that its true, they can't let it get this far and then drop it.
I didn't say if it is true or not, just that the media/journalists have been throwing around their ideas on proposed changes in the Ford line up for some time now. Who knows where they got it from and who cares as long as Ford, and T-Series in particular are being written about. :D

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Do you think it will be steel crank good stuff, or cast crank cheap stuff (think pricing points here). Steel crank kit is US$1900, cast crank is US$1300 (approximate figures). Before taxes, GST, bulk discount. etc.

Then there's the issue of the block handling the stroker crank for the purposes of Ford warranty and durability......

·
Administrator
5,109 Posts
Discovery said:
The 250kW figure is a figure that has been thrown around for some time now. Whether it is true or not, I guess only time will tell.

I think it is a good thing that the proposed T-Series stroker is being written about in these magazines and that suggested output figures are being thrown around... if it gets people talking about Ford, this can only be a good thing :D

Agreed .It's getting the Blue Oval in the news and it's about something good too.

·
Australian Ford Member
252 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
Ewan Page is editor of wheels. Has been for nearly two years. I thought the blokes on SM drove old XYs and HQs

·
Registered
170 Posts
Should have seen the ragging LS1 gave Motor over selecting 200SX for POCTY.

The jurno from Motor known as Large even put his 2 cents in, most likely you blokes know where it is heading with the motors and so do the jurnos they arent paid to be stupid.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
I've given up on street machine, the articles are to biased!!!

Plus there are a lot of mags starting to hit the shelf which have caught my attention and actually compel me to read them front to back (not including playboy).

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
I can't wait for the reviews to come out for the stroker T series, and the XR8 220KW for that matter.
Up until now all we've ever got out of these reviews is something along the lines of " the Ford's a really good package but it lacks the power to match the HSV"
I personally don't want to see this again. Ford have had enough time to study the opposition and should now know what's required to beat it in every sense. Hopefully, the T's will be THAT good that even the apparently biased motoring journo's with have to accept the fact and give it the nod.
Russell.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts