Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is a link to my old company car, a modified 250kw version of an AU XR8. With the 5 speed and the engine and exhaust modifications she really flew. She has also been lowered with 265/40 dunlops all around.

Now waiting for the new BOSS to play with!!

http://discussions.fordforums.com/attachment.php?postid=271846

·
XR Driver
184 Posts
that is 1 mad ass bodykit

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
might be my imagination, but i thought those plates were on a silver clubsport? and the guy that owned it was the owner of 3rotor.com? probably my imagination...

anyway, thats a sweet sweet Ford, and 250kW makes it even better!

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rollin said:
might be my imagination, but i thought those plates were on a silver clubsport? and the guy that owned it was the owner of 3rotor.com? probably my imagination...!
You may be able the register the same custom plates in different states, not sure , but thanks for the comments.

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
8EHiND said:
yeah it's not by plate it's by state. You could have 7 WWW's in Australia. Very nice body kit too, very v8 supercar-ish! Goes like stink, you bet!
Thanks for that, I thought as much. The kit was modeled from the Supercar version and yes, it did give quite a few GenIII SS's and Cubbies a nasty surprise.

·
2nd car....XR6turbo
694 Posts
Thats an awsome looking machine u have their. I do believe seeing this same one up for sale in the XR club of Victoria magazine, r u a member of the club?

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
XR6turbo said:
Thats an awsome looking machine u have their. I do believe seeing this same one up for sale in the XR club of Victoria magazine, r u a member of the club?
Hi XRturbo,

Yes I did advertise it in all XR and Tickford club's in Australia, however it ended up being sold locally to a dealer. Still got the original XR nose and car bra. I was also invited to join the XR club, however knowing the lease was up on the AU and that I had a little wait for a Barra, I didn't see much point in becoming a member at the time.

May look at doing it next year when I pick either the turbo or XR8.

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
CDAA said:
Hi XRturbo,

Yes I did advertise it in all XR and Tickford club's in Australia, however it ended up being sold locally to a dealer. Still got the original XR nose and car bra. I was also invited to join the XR club, however knowing the lease was up on the AU and that I had a little wait for a Barra, I didn't see much point in becoming a member at the time.

May look at doing it next year when I pick either the turbo or XR8.
mate nice car - you got any idea where it is now???

on the xr owners club issue - you can join even if you dont have an XR!!! there are quite a few members that dont actually own XRs - just as long as you have a passion for ford...!

so join up!

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tickford2001 said:
mate nice car - you got any idea where it is now???

on the xr owners club issue - you can join even if you dont have an XR!!! there are quite a few members that dont actually own XRs - just as long as you have a passion for ford...!

so join up!
last I saw of my car, it was sold from the Ford dealer to a bloke who paid $37k. The guy was not really a revhead, however just split with his wife and wanted to buy something special just for him. He certainly got that to say the least!!
He had no idea about the performance enhancements, just that he was going to buy a new 220 XR8, but then after sighting mine in the back stock yards and driving it, he decided it was 'more responsive' and smarter looking for less money.

I have not purchased another AU XR since for similar reasons. Dont get me wrong, I love the AU3 XR 220's, but the car was simply not different enough for me to justify as the BA turbo or BOSS is.

I loved my car, but IMO I think the dealer overcharged him a bit.

Whats your website address tickford2001 to sign up?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts