Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see in Todays Sun, that City Ford have a XR8 Element sedan with 270kw. Anyone know about this. Is it a Herrod car?

What warranty would they be selling that under assuming it is new? Detail details anyone!!!!!!!

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
It's a 2000 build silver XR8. He wants 10.5k extra over the base car. They are Herrod mods, so you'd be better going to Herrod direct and getting the same thing for 8k.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Its interesting that City ford have had this car modified by Herrod and yet I get bagged by David Flint for modifying my car.

Will city ford provide a full warranty for all work, is it a split warranty?

I tell you what, this is absolute Bull****, if Ford have allowed such a beef up on a car and warranty the thing I am going to kick some arse!!!!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Dealers have been pulling stunts like this for years. Dress up a car, one that just won't sell, play with it, and to hell with the warranty. The fact is once the car has entered the dealers ownership they can do what ever they like. Some dealers just don't bother about little things like warranty and goodwill, they just want to make lots of money.

·
Forever Ford Follower
558 Posts
I went to City Ford today and actually had trouble finding the Herrod XR8.. The reason being that by looking at it from far it is not exciting at all.. Its just a white XR8 and it didn't have a body kit on it. Its a 5.7 Litre XR8 but people who really didn't know much about who or what Herrod is, they wouldn't know the difference. For what they had in the newspaper, they sure weren't making a big deal about it as it looked completely standard apart from the Herrod badges on the side and the back.. pretty dissapointing if you ask me.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
XLR8_2001 said:
I went to City Ford today and actually had trouble finding the Herrod XR8.. The reason being that by looking at it from far it is not exciting at all.. Its just a white XR8 and it didn't have a body kit on it. Its a 5.7 Litre XR8 but people who really didn't know much about who or what Herrod is, they wouldn't know the difference. For what they had in the newspaper, they sure weren't making a big deal about it as it looked completely standard apart from the Herrod badges on the side and the back.. pretty dissapointing if you ask me.. :rolleyes:
Sounds like my kind of car:D:D If only the drivetrain was in a Forte, now that would make the ultimate sleeper :cool: :cool:

·
7,777 Posts
XLR8_2001 said:
I went to City Ford today and actually had trouble finding the Herrod XR8.. The reason being that by looking at it from far it is not exciting at all.. Its just a white XR8 and it didn't have a body kit on it. Its a 5.7 Litre XR8.......
Umm, that mustn't be for real! The car they ACTUALLY had at herrods was silver (not surprised a dealer would lie..... :eek: :rolleyes: ). Ask to see the real car that went to herrod for the stroker - Laminge will back me up on the car being silver because we both saw it there!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it a new car or a demo and like laminge I want to know what is going on with warranty to the drive line

·
7,777 Posts
HSE2 said:
Is it a new car or a demo and like laminge I want to know what is going on with warranty to the drive line
New car - 2000 build silver auto. Warranty? I suppose they'll just shut up about it and handle it as if it was a 5.0... :eek:

·
7,777 Posts
HSE2 said:
HAs the drive line been beefed up at all and what about brakes?
No, and stock AU2 stuff. The car had a stroker crank, exhaust. Nothing else. 265kW (not 270). That's the news from herrod.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I must say I am not sure how I feel about this. Ford are saying the drive line is not up to that sort of power and then you have a dealer sell a modified as a new car.

·
Forever Ford Follower
558 Posts
Oh **** yea now that i remember it was silver.. it didn't really make that much of an impact on me.. seeing that it didn't look any different.. my bad

·
7,777 Posts
XLR8_2001 said:
Oh **** yea now that i remember it was silver.. it didn't really make that much of an impact on me.. seeing that it didn't look any different.. my bad
Did you talk to the loser salesman I was talking to? I give him credit doing it, but he knows so little it's scary!

·
Forever Ford Follower
558 Posts
haha yea i know.. i think the service could of been better.. oh well.. - what do you think of the chrome XR8 wheels on the falcon?? and it was interesting to see that they didn't have an escape in their dealership at all..

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
Laminge has your drivetrain warranty been voided officially ?

I have seen some instances of this happening with guy who had holden fit the Vortech to an LS1. (But issues are worked around)

Im not sure how many cars Herrod put out but is it the same amount as Corsa Special Vehicles ?

Corsa cars are sold by some holden dealers and retain holden \ CSV warranty does Herrod have the same relationship with dealers ?

Maybe the dealer is providing the warrant on this car similar to the extended warranty (over factory) other dealers provide.

Find yourself a good service manager Im sure all they want is a spin build up your relationship and some of your warranty issues might dissappear.

CAPA was looking into providing a 3rd party drivetrain warranty with the LS1 supercharger kits, Im not sure where it got to might give him a buzz and find out.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
You make some good points.

I think that any NEW vehicles that go through herrod should be under some type of arrangement, if not the customer should be told from day 1 what is not covered and what is, i will bring this up with rob but i carnt fault his work when i see him next

1 - 20 of 31 Posts