Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okey dokey folks, the time is upon us!

the 2nd annual CaPOC meet will be held august 18 and 19 in monterey.

yes, we need for the bay area/sac clubs to come down a little closer to home for us, but i am not organizing this event (yet). last year, a few of us trekked to SLO/Pismo and we had a blast. met some friends i hadn't seen in a while and made some new ones!

only ONE guy from SD made it up, so we'd like to have at least two this time. ;)

more details can be found here. dan [sac] is organizing the event and more details will be made shortly.

oh, this is the OFFICIAL meet for august as well.

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
Heh hee - you can have it for next year, Damon :D:D

On your website, the email listed under my name is wrong - it should be [email protected], and not innovativefx....

thanks...

As we go, the plans are for camping, BUT there will be close by lodging for fussy folk such as Damon....heheheheh....who needs showers anyway, eh? j/k

hmmm, I just thought we might throw in a wine-tasting tour...:thumbup:

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
Marked it on my calendar. Camping would be good (low bux = good), leaves more money for mods.

BTW, I'll be up that way again in September for a short vacation & hopefully taking in my second Monterey Jazz Festival. Anyone else going?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Itll be nice to finally meet you guys! Ive seen the names, now all I need is to put the faces to them! Camping sounds like fun, hope I can make it!

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Can't say I blame Damon to much on how he feels about camping. My ideal camping spot is the Holiday Inn.:D

·
Probe GT Member
22 Posts
I agree

Roughing it to me is a cabin with ONLY basic cable...

I appreciate the effort though for campfire, outdoor thing...we can tell scary stories...like the one about the honda civic that beat Probes in the 1/4 mile, or the lil Geo storm that handled more lateral Gs than Damons PGT, or the...well you get the idea....real scary stories

if I go i wanna come and bar-b-q, hang out, drink some beer, make a fire..(heheheheFIRE), eat some smores, then go back to my hotel to watch some HBO and sit in the hot tub...but i dont want offend anyone.

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
:rolleyes: wimps... :D

Let's put it in perspective with an example, go to Laguna Seca, get hotel room, fight traffic in the morning & evening

OR

camp there & wake up to the sound of racing exhausts. and no traffic to fight during the weekend. (well, ok, so I'm awake more than an hour before the first car starts, but you get the idea)

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
Yep.. last years meet was great. met some really cool people.. made some great friends. this year should be even better..

camping for me.. don't mind roughin it..

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dan - fixed!

billy - hey, i wasn't saying that i didn't like camping, just that it's been a while and i kinda like a fresh shower in the morning, ya know? ;)

tony - yup! hope we have plenty more good times. check out some places that might carry the official beer of MAS! :D

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
I'm still debating myself on whether I should lodge or camp....I guess I'll decide after I find out how much $$$ is left after paying tuition....

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
What's not to like? Looks good. The prices look pretty typical for restaurant meals (there's probably enough food for two meals in each).

·
www.SCPOC.com member
57 Posts
Count me in!!!!!!!!! representin' this year.

Damon,
I'll be going up with ya this year. I'm camping out though. I'm gonna make use of my new 2-room tent. :p ya suckas go to the hotel, but let me in when i knock on your door to take a shower. :D THANKS. j/k about the sucka thing. i just want to take advantage of the opportunity to use my tent.

Let me know more info as far as departure from SoCal.

Thanks.

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SH*T!

i just remembered something!

depeche mode is playing the pond on the 19th....AND I HAVE TICKETS!

d'oh! i now have a moral dilemma: go to CaPOC or see DM live!

damn!

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
yeah but how many times are you seeing DM???

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tony95pgt said:
yeah but how many times are you seeing DM???
not enough. :p

actually, i may be able to make both events.

i'm having surgery to take care of an ingrown toenail (ouch, don't ask) on the 17th. stacey may wind up driving most of the way up and we can take off a bit early on the 19th, as the show doesn't start until 8pm. i think if we leave by 2 or 3, we should be fine.

hee hee. :nuts:

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
I'm going to DM this saturday night .. :D should be cool and i know i'll be able to make both.....

·
Probe GT Member
5 Posts
i'm in!

just like last year, but this time I'm bringing my own car not biggie's sorry 6 clyn camaro. should be fun as long as long as we get more peeps from SoCal.
~lalo

1 - 20 of 23 Posts