Ford Forums banner

3.0 Cold Air Intake

7K views 37 replies 6 participants last post by  Glance91LX 
#1 ·
pictures up in a few days. I have to get them developed.

It was 48.99, i think i posted 38 before, but i checked my receipt and i was wrong.

This was for the stainless tubing and it mounts perfectly with no brackets or mods needed (unless you want to do a breather filter, but it has a little spot you can hook the valve cover hose to if you want, i just left the plug they had on it there and used my breather)

ppix soon.

#3 ·
Ill have pix up this week. Ive been told people are having trouble finding it. I just bought one to ship to a friend tommorow.

if you cant find one, ill ship one to you if you just reimburse me.

#6 ·
I'll take one! I have been wanting to check out this new mod. If you can get the pics up very soon that would help alot. I want to see where your filter sits exactly. If I have to break out the hack saw and cut it down that's fine. Did it come with a fitting to hook it up to the throttle body? That's a great price especially for stainless steel. POST PICS and PM me about my address...... I can have the money to you very soon so you can ship it now or when I get the money it's up to you, I just really want to see the pics..

Thanks,
Marc

#10 ·
BOO!!!!

You do know that I already make them right? You're totally jipping my idea and if you check probetalk you can easily see that it's the same product you're describing. I'd really like it if you didn't try to steal my business I wouldn't mind setting up a bulk buy for everyone but it upsets me that I posted pictures and prices extremely long ago and you're just now posting about this and how YOU can do it when you arn't the first person to do this at all. I have a patent in the process and it's not that I'm upset about you trying to sell them it's that I'm upset that you're getting credit for the same damn thing I made! I have no clue how you can make them for 50bucks because the tubing you're talking about doesn't directly fit without relocating the battery. You have to cut and fabricate an elbow for the tubing to be secure. CaliGuy we've talked before and you even knew that I made these I think that's what I'm most upset about and I know you've seen the pictures so please don't go taking credit for something that you didn't do first,like I said I even posted pictures on ProbeTalk which I know you've seen along with Vulcan Power of my whole set up. I'm just upset about the idea that you would be taking credit but I'm sure we can come to terms and set up a bulk buy for everyone to purshase one. I charge 130 for the 3.0 CAIs and 150 for the 2.2 n/a CAIs because it comes with the breather filter,the cone filter,the stainless steel tubing and elbow. If we could get enough people I could see a bluk buy going for 90-100 for the 3.0s and 110-120 for the 2.2n/as.

Thanks

~G~

#13 ·
dude you need to chill!! Im not jipping anyones idea. I bought the thing, it fits and it works, without any modifications, and i told people that autozone sells them. As a favor to lx owners, if they cant find one by them ill ship them one at cost, not making any money at all. I go to autozone, buy it, put it in a box and ship it without ever opening the package!

Im just trying to help probers out. Im not making any money on this, thats why i told people to just go to autozone and buy the thing if it is available in their area.

If you have a patent on this, you better talk to autozone and find their distributor because they are selling them in all of their stores in san diego.

#14 ·
I think we are talking about 2 totally different setups because i did not have to relocate my battery, the filter is down by the tranny (like yours).

I have seen your setup, which is very nice i might add, but this is different. It is one solid piece of stainless that runs from the tb to right down by the tranny. there is no removeable elbow or anything like that, it is one solid piece.

It was intended for a mid 90's civic or integra and they are mass produced.

I dont bend any tubing at all. I bought the thing at autozone and put it in my car. all i needed was a screwdriver and about 10 minutes, nothing more.

Also, You told me you didnt make any money on these, so i dont understand why you are so upset???

Take care buddy,

Harley

G
#16 ·
This thread gets five stars! :MUha:

You guys crack me up sometimes. :) spending all that cash on a piece of pipe? I guess if you want a chromed piece of metal. electrical conduit is heat-resistant and costs very little. PVC will not work, as the heat under our hoods would deform it.

Find some 3" conduit in the correct bend and use that as your intake tube. You'll save a ton of money and have something just as effective as the metal tubes.

Plus, relocating your battery to the trunk should be standard procedure. The weight balance advantage is hard to beat. Plus, the extra room under the hood is invaluable.

Fighting over whose idea it was to use Civic parts on your LX isn't making your car any faster...

#21 ·
:1read:
I have read that making your own custom cold air intake had caused problems, but im not really sure.
I have heard you can you exaust piping from murrays and just add a cone filter to the end creating the aftermarket cold air intake

whats your guys's opinions on which one to get and how much they run.

do you know how the tornado air filters are also i havent heard to much about them

#23 ·
Either your new intake will have a nipple to install the hose onto, ot you'll just have to yank it out and replace the hose with a Crankcase breather filter...... check out Pin's setup for the 91-92's, my 90 is a little different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.