Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mod/SCPOC/Probe LX Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be researching aftermarket and custom parts for the 3.0.

I have made quite a few contacts recently.

What do you guys feel we are lacking the most besides headers?

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Hmmm.. well.. yes headers. Lightened flywheels, a supercharger kit that works well, looks nice, and fits properly, rx-7 headlight conversion, intake kits (looks like the integra intake will work for that one?), forged pistons/rods, underdrive pulleys, cams, stainless steel valves (try calling REV, Racing Engine Valves @ 800-398-6348), fuel rails, high rpm valve springs, polyurethane bushing kit, high perf distributor, gear ratio kit, turbo kit, ---- those are a few things that I can think of that are either non-existant, or hard to find for the first gen/3.0

·
Probe Member
104 Posts
supercharger contact Z-engineering see if they tell you prices and dimensions of their units

catback exhaust

hoods

body kits

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Oh yeah, the cat-back systems. We really need a stainless steel system done up for us!

G

·
did anyone mention headers? I think we should get headers. Headers would be nice. A better tuned pair of exhaust manifolds would be a good thing. Headers?

yeah...

anyway...

We need a better radiator. I hate blowing up the stupid plastic-tanked ones we have. I want an all-aluminum, thicker-core radiator.

An available aluminum flywheel would straight-up kick ass also.

Headers?

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
headers? I think someone mentioned headers once or twice, headers? hahahaha, yeah headers?

That's true about the radiator, I had mine replaced once and I asked for an all metal one and he said he would be able to find one, needless to say, he couldnt and we had to go with one from Performance Radiator. It's painted black and has a metal top, so I don't know how much different it is than the original one.

Maybe a thicker radiator would be good too as these engines seem to run pretty hot... and anything to cool it down would be in our best interest..

·
Probe LX Member
36 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts