Ford Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3.0 Soon to be N20 powered...

been over a month since anyone has posted in this area, but just wanted to let anyone here with 3.0's know that there is a great ZEX BB for N20 for the 90-97 Probe V6. Normally they go for 600 a kit, we can get them for only 395 a kit plus shipping. I'll be purchasing the Zex Hyperformance plugs which are made for Nitrous/Turbo/Super applications. I hope I don't blow my engine up. I scrapped the paint job idea for now, and decided to go with MORE power. I guess I'd rather have a car that looks like a beater and go fast then a nice go that won't go anywhere.

Anyways, hopefully I can do the install myself.

Laters

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, well it looks like nobody is here, but here's an update anyways. I purchased a ZEX bottle heater and an Autometer air/fuel guage today, so now I'm looking into either a fuel pump, some new injectors, or an FPU.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's another update for my audience of none, I went for the Venom fuel pump, got that in the mail as well as the Zex bottle heater, now I am just waiting on the kit as well as the air/fuel guage! The venom pump looks sweet, but it was very costly...

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i got the air-fuel guage in the mail already, the pump cost more than I'd like to admit............... next time I will go with a Walbro since they are much cheaper, but the Venom should KICK ASS anyways.. .. lol. Yeah I will not go NOS happy and blow the engine, hopefully. That's why I got the air/fuel guage and the fuel pump so that I can run a little richer then leaner, and of course be able to tell what's going on with the A/F.

The kit, I still don't have it. There was a slight problem with the BB and we are still trying to work out the kinks. But hopefully SOON if all that goes well. Otherwise I'll have to purchase a different kit or re-think my options.

·
Probe Member
104 Posts
if u use the NOS be very VERY careful cause a friend of mine blew hp his impala ss on the second time he used the NOS dont want that to happen to yours

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, it looks like the BB must be on hold over at PT, since it's down. So until I know what's going on, NO NOS! :thdn:

·
Mod/SCPOC/Probe LX Member
276 Posts
YES NOS!!

just thought id correct ya. theres another n2o 3.0 on the block pretty soon too. ive got to get my air fuel guage though.

im shocked you still have money after buying something from venom!!!

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You mean where you live there is another 3.0 on NOS? Ask him if you can take a look-see! Thanks for the update on the kits, I LOVE YOU! What a relief, lets get these things in our grubby hands!

Yeah, that Venom pump was $217! :eek:o1:

The Walbro pump is about $100, it would have been much affordable, BUT who knows, the Venom pump is probably better considering it was designed for their NOS kits.

Give me some info on the purge kits that you have for sale! I might be interested sometime down the road.

I won't be installing this stuff right away. It's too cold outside, and I need to take care of a few things before I do it. I have to retard the timing slightly, also I need to fix a valve cover gasket leak that is pretty minor. One of the valve cover bolts snapped on me, and it didnt leak for the longest time, but now I am noticing a small leak, no big deal, just need to remove the cover, pull out the broken bolt and replace. Actually, I'll probably just get all new bolts for the valve covers, since I re-used the old ones-- big mistake. And last but not least, there is a SMALL coolant leak where the upper radiator hose meets the thermostat. It's not coming from the thermostat housing, it's coming from the hose, I tightened the hose clamp down a little more, so maybe that's all that it needed, since I know the rad. hoses are only like 2 years old, and they should not need to be replaced.

Lastly, I have to do something about my intake! I heard on Probetalk that a Civic or Integra CAI will work, but I do not recall which model since Probetalk went down right after I read about it. I'll need the new intake because we need a place to mount the nozzle.

When do you plan on installing yours, Harley?

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I need to still do a compression check, shouldnt take long at all. I'm pretty sure the engine is running strong at this moment.

I have also been looking into the possibilities of turning the vulcan into a vulcan/sho hybrid.......... studying up on that alot lately........

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hahaha, I knew someone would catch that.

How about ZEX Nitrous Oxide?

ZEX NO

·
Probe GL Member
77 Posts
That would be ZEX N2O... no NO.

Might I also suggest the 19lb/hr injectors off a 5.0 V8 mustang or FX50 truck engine.

They are the injectors with the orange cap and flow higher than the black cap injectors on our 3.0's.

They should be a little extra insurance that you won't run lean.

·
Mod/SCPOC/Probe LX Member
276 Posts
i just say n2o so nobody can harp on me :)

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well Ryan, I didnt really plan on the injectors until I get it up and running and monitor the a/f guage. If it looks lean still I'll go for that, but I recall hearing from somebody once that you don't need larger injectors unless you are pushing major HP?

·
Probe GL Member
77 Posts
What shot are you going to run?

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Probably just a 65, that's the lowest the kit will go..

So what do you think? Injectors or no? I don't want to be running too rich when I'm not using N2O also..

·
Probe GL Member
77 Posts
You can probably get a set of injectors with the lower intake manifold from a 5.0 from a junk yard for like $45-50

That's pretty good.

The problem is that even with the A/F gauge you may not know that it's running lean until it's too late. A 65 shot is still fairly large to start off with, I'm not exactly sure and you'll be one of the first running it on an LX... the LX's have a different ECU controls etc. than the rangers and everything so there really is no telling how it might react. It's always better to run rich than lean... That's what most people will tell you. Theoretically though the injectors should be enough to handle the added power, it depends on pulse width and stuff which are programed into the computer.

That's just what I'd do... but I have a set of the injectors already so I'm not out any money...

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well hey thanks, I'll keep those injectors in mind!

Yeah I don't know a soul that's n20'd a 3.0L Probe, only the Ranger guys......... so this will be a learning experience.. I think caliguy is also going to be working on this as well..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts