Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Vulcan Listers,

I am about to send my 1993 3.0 L vulcan to the shop for a complete rebuild and tuning. This engine comes from an Aerostar and will soon power a 1500 lbs Lotus Seven clone. Quite a jump. To move my Lotus happily I feel that I need about 50 additional ponies.... at least for the time being!

What should I do and how much $ is it likely to cost? I should say that budget is very much on my mind at this time, so I would like to start with the least invasive surgery.

Louis.:shh:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I would have the heads ported, ported intake manifold, bigger TB, and a custom ECU.

It would probably put you around 175-180 hp and cost maybe $1500

·
Registered
29 Posts
In addition to what Dr. D mentioned, you might also want to have the cam reground with a somewhat more aggressive profile. By going to a small base circle,they should be able to get you a few degrees more duration and a little more lift. Port injected motors like wider LSAs than carb'ed motors, to keep the LSA at least 112 degrees, if not more like 114. If you deck thge block and shave the heads a bit, with some overbore, you can also pick up a little more compression.

Mind you, all this should be accompanied with some custom ECU tuning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts