Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have aquired a 3.0L V6 Escape engine. Unfortuately it didnt come with a computer. My plan is use it to power a jetboat - being all alloy, and good power at 200HP's, it should be a good match.

Question is - does anyone have any recommendations as to what computer will do the job best? Obviously only need to hook up engine functions.

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
I'd say the easiest route would be to find a factory one from a wreck. All other options (Motec, etc) would be more expensive and need mapping.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
As you want it in a boat, i would suggest looking at new, one out of wreck may be a little unreliable, and dead in the water will be no fun.

But the cost of new, would push the price towards the aftermarket ones, however after market ones will allow full control and ability to map to any thing you like in the future, should you want more power than standard :0)

Jason

·
Registered
529 Posts
I would look at one with some form of waterproof rating if possible. I think IPV is the rating, IPV66 is almost submersable.

I would personally use something like a Microtech, you don't need to worry about cats or economy. These are the cheapest new computer I know of, I believe sub $900. Other than that search for something 2nd hand, I have seen Wolf 3D's go for $500 2nd hand.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts