Ford Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
BA Turbo
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just reading a little article on carsales on HSV shutting down the turbo 4 astra, and heading towards the V6 arena, the end of it commented on how the HSV XU6 will go to 200kw's

"But HSV's short term six-cylinder focus will be on the XU-6, which is expected to get a power lift to 200kW in 2002 from the current 180kW.

That would tally with persistent rumours that Holden's supercharged 3.8-litre Ecotec engine will be boosted when the VY is launched in the third quarter of 2002."

We've got a 6cyl battle on our hands comming up soon, lets hope FORD gets in hard and fast!!! Im sure some flat 6 DOHC is gonna kick some serious ecotec arse!!

I cant wait till some kind of T-series 6cyl is gonna own!

Article:
http://editorial.carsales.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/NT0029AD8E

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Go the 4.0L Inline 6, if they use forced indcution we'll go turbo. Our 6 will be better. Full Stop.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Our 6 will be better. Full Stop.
Our 6 IS better... :s5

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
JEM said:
hep VY will have the same buick V6 as they have today, but with some major cylinder head changes.
with ohc head or still pushrod with other stuff done on head like porting ect?

·
Australian Probe Member
841 Posts
We've seen these rumours from the auto press in OZ before. Bottom line is what are Buick announcing for the V6 cause GMH has little or no say in development of this engine & just gets what is provided. Remember the FWD applications internationally for this engine & OHC will typically make it too tall.
PS The new engine plant announced by GM for Melbourne is assembly only at this stage (GMH are trying to find someone locally to supply the alloy castings) with the castings (head & blocks) to come from Mexico or Canada.

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
DRU842 said:
We've seen these rumours from the auto press in OZ before. Bottom line is what are Buick announcing for the V6 cause GMH has little or no say in development of this engine & just gets what is provided. Remember the FWD applications internationally for this engine & OHC will typically make it too tall.
PS The new engine plant announced by GM for Melbourne is assembly only at this stage (GMH are trying to find someone locally to supply the alloy castings) with the castings (head & blocks) to come from Mexico or Canada.
They will also start to build a V8 there once everything gets underway!!!!

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Ford Man said:
It'd be the LS6 by then wouldn't it??
I think the ls6 is still an ls1 block with a different head. Im not sure if Holden will start building thier own engine which they will cast thier own block from or it will be based on the ls1 block. i reckon they'll use the ls6 for a couple of years then make thier own egnine in Melbourne. Hobbes,strife,Brendan is that close?

·
Ford Member
1,156 Posts
It will be GEN IV by the time holden gets it running..
Rumored 3 capcaties. 5.3 (perhaps 5.0 or smaller), 5.7 and 6.x (6.2?).
These will be used in Corrvettes, Holdens, (future Camaros?) and some of chevys trucks.

Theres talk of 3 valves per cylinder latter on in the ls1's life.

I have heard GM may think about pricing a lower cost Vette, with a 5.0L LS1. Future vettes may use a variation of the northstar. (all rumors and possibilities).

However it may just endup that Holden produces boring old 5.7L LS1 blocks or no V8's at all.

Our six should most definately be DOHC 24 Valve and be avalible with a turbocharger. Its simply too tempting not too. Added to the fact we know holden is working on a 3.6L twin turbo.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I work on construction sites and if the metal workers get on the GM plant it will be delayed big time just look at the age in tulla 4 months behind atleast because of work stopage.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
adviliax said:
btw, this 3.6 twin turbo, etc. is just rumours floating around. there's still nothing official.
It'll be as real as my left leg. May not go into a Holden but it will exist.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.