Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Australian Ford Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a suspect 3.9 mpi lifter and, given they're a ridiculous cost to replace, I'm wondering if it's possible to dismantle a lifter and clean it like the old style pushrod lifters, although the Ford manual says they can't be dismantled? I've tried engine flush with no result.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
How many K's has it done? You will be surprised how well they go with k's on with a head over haul including rockers etc.H.P .Better than new in most cases.Proven dyno day.

·
The cat in the hat
400 Posts
you didn't hear this from me!
There are lifter rebuild kit available aftermarket.....most engine rebuild shops should stock them..used to have the part number but work in a genuine only dealership now

·
Australian Ford Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ebxr8240 said:
How many K's has it done? You will be surprised how well they go with k's on with a head over haul including rockers etc.H.P .Better than new in most cases.Proven dyno day.
Only done 118,000 so doesn't warrant head job yet. Just got a sticky lifter. Thanks anyway.

·
Australian Ford Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
partsguy said:
you didn't hear this from me!
There are lifter rebuild kit available aftermarket.....most engine rebuild shops should stock them..used to have the part number but work in a genuine only dealership now
Partsguy, you're a champion for what I didn't hear from you.

Aftermarket rebuild kit is $39 for 12 lifters versus about $300 for a set of new lifters. The other $260 will buy something nice for the car, like a thermo fan.

Thanks heaps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts