Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In yesterdays Daily Telegraph, they had an article in the business section about AEC (Advanced Engine Components).

They said they plan to market the 300+ to major export markets such as the US, and

I've had dealers ringing me up and saying they have customers who won't leave the showroom until they hand over a $10,000 deposit on a Ford 300+

They also said they plan on building 40 Bullet Roadster SS cars based on a mazda body (MX5?) with a Lexcen V8 engine.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
It's amazing what happens when a car company produces a concept that people like. Deposits paid in advance on the Mustand and now the 300+. The next GT is gunna be HUGE!!!! Bastard would want to be after what we've just seen. :rolleyes:

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought it was my typo, but the article actually said "Toyota Lexcen V8 engine"... hmmm, so I checked there web site and found this:

He then tried a 4.5-litre V8 from a TVR sports car before settling on the four-litre V8 developed by Toyota for the Lexus products.

The 32-valve, quad cam engine develops 220kW and 400Nm of torque, sufficient to endow the 1180kg Bullet with blistering performance. Even that was not enough for Mr Bettini and his growing team.

That’s where AEC and Sprintex came into the picture. Mr Bettini approached Sprintex director Danny Williams, who was already supercharging the Lexus engine used in imported Toyota Soarers.

"Initially, we only intended to be the WA agent for the Bullet," Mr Williams said. "When we sat down and saw the potential, we decided to become more closely involved."

AEC supplies the engines, transmissions and special engine control units for all supercharged Bullets, which sell for about $70,000 The naturally aspirated model starts at $59,000.

The supercharger lifts output to 320kW and around 570 Newton metres, giving the Bullet a power-to-weight ratio matched by only a handful of million-dollar supercars.

I also just picked up the May issue of Wheels mag that came out today and they had another good article on the 300+.

They also did speed tests on TE50, mustang and the FTR Falcon plus others..

The mustang did 0-100 6.2s 0-400 14.3s, (the GTS300 did it in 6.3).

The TE50 did 0-100 in 6.7s, 0-400m in 14.9s, but cracked its disks pulling up from 234km/h!

The FRT won the shootout overall.

the full story will apparently be here soon:

http://carpoint.com.au/wheels/topspeedtest

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Well you got me intrigued about the mustang and TE50 times i'm gonna get the wheels mag for sure. I read the 300+ coupe in motor and found that pretty cool, they could have done a better job on the wheels, altough it's still in beta mode i guess.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
It makes you wonder about those LS1 lads sometimes. We're running a 35 year old 5.0 motor and getting 6.7 sec 0-100, while they're using a virtually brand new motor (flame me LS1 lads, 'cause I don't know it's age for sure) 50 cubes bigger and getting 6.3 0-100.
I'll keep the extra 40 grand thanks and you Holden blokes can go ahead and thrash my arse by 0.4 of a second... :rolleyes: Big Deal....

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Didn't MOTOR get a 6.3sec 0-100 out of the TE50 in PCOTY?? :confused: Regardless, Wheels effort was{even though they are usually slower than the other mob} pretty good to get those times out of the good ol' WINDSOR. :)

I still think the Stang times are slow.:rolleyes:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
JEM said:
I still think the Stang times are slow.:rolleyes:
Me too... Just nice to see them getting to where they should be...

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
It would be a great thing to see a two door Falcon with those sensational wings on it... :D

I think you're right Ian. I remember reading Wheels a while ago and they said that they do their testing with driver & shotgun for a more "real life" test...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
The Stylist
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing