Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any of you from perth seen DRIVETIME ch10 today They had a piece on the 300+and a chance to win it with a phone #

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
now I heard the figures quoted were something like 12.5 for the quarter on the show

is that correct ?

and a weight of about 1660 ?

·
Ford Member
520 Posts
I am pretty sure that they are not giving it away!! They said if you would like to show your interest please enquire to AEC on Ph: #### ####, i dont know what the number was!

I saw Drivetime yesterday and went to ask if any of the LS1 guys from WA have seen the show, and none of them beleived me on the figures!!

300+ kW at 5psi
over 500Nm from 2000rpm
and 1660kg
0-100 4.6 and 1/4 @ 12.5 or 12.6

Wish i had taped it! i only turned the telly on and the show happened to be on!

bmaccs what was that thing with them test driving it through the witchs hats at 140km/h???

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
XtRmn8 said:
310kW @ 6200rpm
575Nm @ 3750rpm
1660kg
All we need to do now is get those figures into a four door sedan with a GT badge on the bootlid and we're laughing!!

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Ford Man said:

All we need to do now is get those figures into a four door sedan with a GT badge on the bootlid and we're laughing!!
What? Only with 310kw???

But seriously, I would rather see the 5.4l in the engine bay of a GT. I reckon stick with naturally aspirated engines for GT.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
RATT said:
I reckon stick with naturally aspirated engines for GT.
Abbasolutely mate.. A real Ford GT doesn't need any "artificial" help getting it's power level. It's got balls from the box.. :D

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Oh, to only have the GT back in the lineup...for good.How grand it will be!:nuts: Come on AV baby yeah!
I agree, a naturally aspirated 5.4 with all the good gear will do the trick. And we'd definitely all want it to have that much power or more.
Russell.:D

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
I think the main thing the next GT has to do is live upto the legend. The EB GT and EL GT were good cars but they didn't have the mumbo to be called a GT.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I dunno about that Adam. The EL certainly did have the mumbo for it's day while there are many disputes about the EB's true figure.
I think the LS1 has raised the performance bar so much that we tend to think anything under 250 is a bit on the nose these days..
The biggest thumbs up I can think for the ELGT is brocky giving it the two thumbsup when he did a review of it in one of the mags after it came out...

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
I have no doubt the EL GT was a very good car and it did very well in Motor's PCOTY award but it didn't have the performance of the earlier GT and the banana GTS-R.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
Adam W said:
I have no doubt the EL GT was a very good car and it did very well in Motor's PCOTY award but it didn't have the performance of the earlier GT and the banana GTS-R.
One of the problems I think with the EB & EL GT's was that Ford marketed them as a quick luxury car and not a stripped out street rod version of the old days.In saying that,they always were a tarted up Fairmont, but now Fairmont means a heap more weight to carry around.
Russell.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Ford Man said:
I dunno about that Adam. The EL certainly did have the mumbo for it's day while there are many disputes about the EB's true figure.
I think the LS1 has raised the performance bar so much that we tend to think anything under 250 is a bit on the nose these days..
The biggest thumbs up I can think for the ELGT is brocky giving it the two thumbsup when he did a review of it in one of the mags after it came out...
I think the article you are talking about was a 5 or 6 way comp with the cars of old and the GT and the GTS-R included.
Brock also got to drive the might GTHO for the first time. His thoughts on that were also amusing:cool:

On the subject of GT the next one has to "man up on the GTS". Simple as that really. It will have to carry similar equipment levels and performance and for my sake, be a little bit cheaper

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
I dont mind some luxury seats and a kit{alla HSV GTS} but as long as theres some huge brakes,19 or 20 inch wheels,Huge cubic inchs under the hood with tons of power and torque,and much stickier suspension than a T Series and a 300kmh speedo:D

Cmon Geoff the last GT was awesome but this time we dont want to hear about how Hoinville wanted bigger wheels or Tickford thought about a 351 we want to see them on the car to kill the opposition like theyve been trying to do to Ford!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah i remember when they done the muscle car comparo, of the EL-GT, GTS-R, Monaro, GTHO Phase 3 and the brocky HDT, the EL was the best aussie muscle car.

Well; guys going by Fords 5 year plan we should see a GT in 2002 in the showroom or footpath. :D :D :D

This time it'd better have decent kw's.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts