Ford Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
Joined
·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I know we've seen some comparos of intake manifolds, but which one is the best and available in Oz pronto? To suit RHD XR8 application too!

I saw a pretty trick unit on Rob Herrod's project car, but it looked like a more truck like unit with very long runners.

I must say, the Edelbrock stuff looks pretty good.
 

·
CEO - The BSR Group
Joined
·
4,400 Posts
That is correct! The Edelbrock stuff would have my money (if I was in the market), however having said that I would revise this choice to the new Tickford unit, I just LOVE those intake trumpets!! :thumbup:
 

·
Officially Bored with 347
Joined
·
3,584 Posts
Hey chaps...... could someone give me an idea to this "new" Tickford intake manifold with the "Trumpet" arrangement???? as in pics??
Cheers
 

·
CEO - The BSR Group
Joined
·
4,400 Posts
There is a cutaway version of the whole 5.6 engine at the motor show, I'm sure someone here has a good shot of the cutaway upper intake? It really shows the trumpets nicely.. I JUST WANT ONE!! :D
 

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
Joined
·
1,764 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Yeah I know we've seen some comparos of intake manifolds, but which one is the best and available in Oz pronto? To suit RHD XR8 application too!

I saw a pretty trick unit on Rob Herrod's project car, but it looked like a more truck like unit with very long runners.

I must say, the Edelbrock stuff looks pretty good.
Pete,

I was going to get a GT40 upper and lower for mine, but was advised the Edelbrock stuff is way better...
 

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
Joined
·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Tickford unit. Unbelievable - sort of what you'd see on VL-VN Group A Commodores.
 

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
Joined
·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Side view
 

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
Joined
·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bet our american friends would love to get their paws on this stuff. This view shows the 82mm throttle.
 

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
Joined
·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The finished product as installed.
 

·
Officially Bored with 347
Joined
·
3,584 Posts
Holy Crap............... I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Veteran revhead
Joined
·
413 Posts
The wierdest intake manifold I have ever seen for a 5.0L Windsor was a yank item that I saw in 5.0 Mustang magazine around 1995? I think it was. It looked like an octopus, and the throttle body and MAF sat on top of it. It came complete, with injectors and rails, for around $1500 US I think. It would have suited an EB GT down to the ground with that bonnet scoop, as the scoop would have been right over the top of the throttle body.:nuts:
 

·
T5 Expert Operator
Joined
·
6,540 Posts
Road Warrior said:
The wierdest intake manifold I have ever seen for a 5.0L Windsor was a yank item that I saw in 5.0 Mustang magazine around 1995? I think it was. It looked like an octopus, and the throttle body and MAF sat on top of it. It came complete, with injectors and rails, for around $1500 US I think. It would have suited an EB GT down to the ground with that bonnet scoop, as the scoop would have been right over the top of the throttle body.:nuts:
Sorry matey, this is the 5.6L Windsor or 347Cubies. :D :D :D
Raw Ford Power.....
 

·
I want a turtle!
Joined
·
2,635 Posts
Aussie pete....

Let me know if you can find anyone who can get a manifold in under 2 months.

I have been after a edlebrock performer manifold (as well as 70mm throttle body and 75mm MAF) since july... but everyone I speak to (Croydon, Herrod, SVO etc etc) says they dont have them in stock, and they will call me back when they get them in.. Still havent received a call yet :( :( :(
 

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
Joined
·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
XR8chic said:
Aussie pete....

Let me know if you can find anyone who can get a manifold in under 2 months.

I have been after a edlebrock performer manifold (as well as 70mm throttle body and 75mm MAF) since july... but everyone I speak to (Croydon, Herrod, SVO etc etc) says they dont have them in stock, and they will call me back when they get them in.. Still havent received a call yet :( :( :(
I may be doing the suitcase thing very shortly over to the states. What's it worth to ya?
 

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
Joined
·
1,764 Posts
XR8chic said:
Aussie pete....

Let me know if you can find anyone who can get a manifold in under 2 months.

I have been after a edlebrock performer manifold (as well as 70mm throttle body and 75mm MAF) since july... but everyone I speak to (Croydon, Herrod, SVO etc etc) says they dont have them in stock, and they will call me back when they get them in.. Still havent received a call yet :( :( :(
Kelli,

Check out www.summitracing.com
I've ordered stuff from them in the past and had it here i'm my hands in a little over a week....

Jase
 

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
Joined
·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is the one I believe Rob has put on his project car. Don't quote me on that though!

Trick Flow TFS-51500001 or 2.
 

·
Aussie Falcon Enthusiast
Joined
·
478 Posts
xr8chic

Have you tried VPW in Vic yet? They seem like a smaller version of Summit. Try the link here for the Edelbrock Performer manifold.

http://www.vpwmailorder.com/asp/product_page.asp?sub_cat_id=562&manu_id=

Road Warrior

I think you're talking about the Roush intake made for 94-95 Mustangs. Had an air filter that faced the rear to feed cold air from the back of a cowl hood. They were running them out some time ago from memory and no longer list it on the web site but I think I have a photo saved somewhere if people want a look-see. Very trick looking I must say.

Aussie Pete

What is your planned combination, ie heads, displacement and intended usage? Be honest about this because the wrong intake can kill low end torque/power if you go too short on runner length and/or too big on the runner width. Re the usage consider rev range it will be designed for and also whether forced induction will be used.

Hmm say, you're running a 347 stroker now right? If so look at the Edelbrock Performer RPM, TFS Street & Track Heat or the Holley Systemax (now Weiand Stealth). The Holley does have to run with tb on the other side though due to the assymetrical port layout where upper and lower meet, a la Truck 302/351. All these should suit pretty well.

Of course if you still have wads of cash burning a hole in your pocket consider the BXR unit like that Perth guy put on his wild TE50.
 
G

·
I agree with Anakha,

The BXR is the ducks guts! If you can afford it. $1000 U.S.
I was after one for my 351W but it's $1500 U.S.!
I know Leon with the BXRed TE50 if any of you want to know the specs?
I do know that the BXR requires porting as standard because it's a fairly rough casting. Leon did quite a bit to his.

The Holley is the best conventional 5.0 style intake. It's large port cross section and tapering runners create the highest port flow while maintaining maximum velocity. Which means the best torque and hp.

Move your battery to the boot and use the holley I say.

BTW; VPW gave me the ****s once when I ordered a Crane roller cam from them. They said they had it in stock, took the money from my visa straight away and 8 weeks later I got it!

Watch out; Summit do the same ****!

Pete.
 

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
Joined
·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
www.trickflow.com

Nice looking stuff. A set of those heads and the intake would do nicely thankyou!
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top