·
xd vans rock
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
whats the average price 4 a good 302C or a 351C

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just voted on the 351 manual, my guess there won't be too many 302 votes :)

Avg price for 302 or 351, Whats your defination of good? A std 351 around 2500 -3000 std being 250-260hp above 300HP and your over the $3000 A 302 would be $500 under that, I'm not sure extactly never looked. Get a Parts Pedder mag and check out new engine change over prices.

I just bought a 351 long motor as a rebuilder for $300

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Look for a wreck, and pull the motor and 'box from that. It seems to be a lot cheaper to do it that than to buy them seperately. A mate bought an XD on gas with a 351, 4sp toploader and a 9" diff for $800. The car also got him 4 Koni's and a stack of parts to sell.

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Gee, like picking an option in this poll was hard!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I picked up a recently rebuilt 351 for $600 without Carby, Coil, leads and alternator...

But I was just really lucky..or at least I hope I was,,, I'll find out when it goes in...

·
Chasing 500rwkw
3,176 Posts
I bought my 351 for $600. Just falcons in bayswater sold it to me. They are pretty good with prices.

·
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe
1,290 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
I bought this gem back in 1984 from Swan wreckers in midland.I still have the original ad and it reads ;Ford351 cleveland,4v oc heads,trw forged pistons,mallory dual point,edelbrock torker int,pacemaker extractors,fully balanced,HO type harmonic balancer fitted with fully overhauled close ratio toploader gbox with a mr gasket shifter.I went to have a look at it and it had just been rebuilt by Ranch Autos and written off.I bought it on the spot for 2 grand.Took it home,yanked the 3.3 six banger from my XD and fitted it in one weekend.Went like the clappers.Would spit brock commodores out for breakfast,especially when you were cruising right beside them and throw it back into first gear at 60 kmh.Had 2.75 gears in the back and was a bit shy on torque down low but when you spun her up boy was it fun to drive.made me stain my under garment a few times i can tell you.I,m voting 302 auto of course.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi,

I paid $1500 for a running XD ute with a 351 (apparently, I haven't checked yet), C4 and a disc brake borg warner. Not a real bargain but I now have the right brackets, pumps, leads, carb, radiator, exhaust etc to swap it all into my six cyl XD sedan.
I voted for 351 auto after witnessing burnouts attempted with manuals , this guy in a healthy stroked 308 had to do roll backs to get started, maybe the 265's didn't help things but I recon an auto rolling up to do a burnout looks tough.

·
Registered
344 Posts
auto is quicker to accel, generally speaking, but manaul is more FUN.

If you do buy 351 make sure you take the sump off to check it, if they question why its probably a 302.

I got 351,4spd single rail,twin plate clutch,lsd b/w,4wd,on gas for $100.
Look around for a wreck as you will more than likely save money, maybe even make a little!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
bak when i was very green and didnt know a great deal i bought a supposedly 1966xr falcon ute wif a 302 windsor holley carb and fmx auto, single spinner diff. when i say green i mean green, gud paint and clean $5,000.
when i started learning a bit and pulling stuff apart, 351 clevland bored 30thou ccheads with stainless valves and hardened seats, stage 2 cam, electronic ignition, c10 auto wif stage 3 shift kit 9inch diff wif disc brakes. clutches gone, replaced clutchpack hey i got lsd!, its a ripper of a ute. now the c10 is dead and a toploader has taken its place.
i think u guys know wat i voted 4!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts