Ford Forums banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
PERVERT said:
Ive read in a article today, it was about the new Skyline R35 GTR which will be relased in 2004 or 2005! It was something very interesting! they (nissan) are bringing out a R35 Skyline GTR V6 (the engine from the current Nissan 350 Z car) and it will be twin turbo with 230-240kw
It's funny you mention that because in the latest NZ Autotrader there is a new R35 Skyline S/W for sale (Jap Import) called the
Stagea Arx-four RS with a 220Kw intercooled turbo. It also has a 5speed Tiptronic auto along with AWD, 4ws, adjustable diff and a whole lot of other goodies too.

·
OFR No.33
201 Posts
bossxr8 said:
Can we please drop this XR6T is quicker than an XR8 idea cause it is just not the case. My XR8 auto is as quick as any XR6T and I have lined up guys from work in their turbos to compare them and the XR8 takes a half car length off the line and from then on to about 180 they are totally lineball, one will not gain on the other. They just require a few more kilometers to loosen up than the turbos. Can't comment on the manuals altough the higher diff ratio and lack of traction do them no favours.
Dear Bossxr8, I have a XR6Turbo and live in Melbourne. My car is standard and has done 11500km. If your car is standard as well im more than happy to meet you half way between Melbourne and Geelong and have a traffic light "duel". If you would like to put a little wager on the result i would be more than happy to accept. All we would need is a time and date that is acceptable to both of us.
I have been to dyno days where i have seen both xr8's and turbo's on the dyno one after the other and the xr8's had marginally more kw's. Mine had 200.9rwkw and the xr8's ranged from 199-207rwkw ( i think). Even though the xr8 has a marginal kw advantage it is over 100kg heavier and also has a taller diff ratio. These are all facts. So feel free to arrange a time and a date. :)

·
Beastmaster
940 Posts
And 50Nm more torque....
If they are both autos that will be a fun match though if the 6T is a manual it might get a fright but....

Street Racing in BAD mmmmmKay

·
blue blooded
278 Posts
geea and bossxr8 ... you guys have met each other ... 200.9rwkw and 213rwkw from memory ...

I reckon it would be close .. have a leaning toward the XRT ... but the bossxr8 has a great example of an XR8 .... who's infront at 100kph will do me

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Anytime anyplace. And by the way auto XR8's are geared the same as the XRT, its the manuals that have a different diff ratio. Haven't lost to a Turbo yet but it will come down to who gets the jump off the line because they will run side by side to 100. Your car has done 8000kms more than mine, so yours is well and truly run in while mine is getting better by the day. And why are you Turbo owners so touchy, I didn't say the XR8 would flog the turbos, I said they would run side by side.

·
blue blooded
278 Posts
how about Calder on a Friday night ... there is an XRT doing sub-13s around here somewhere ...

·
Beastmaster
940 Posts
svtang said:
how about Calder on a Friday night ... there is an XRT doing sub-13s around here somewhere ...
Dynosteve's does very low 12s and will do 11s as soon as he can work out the traction.

It is basicly stock with minor mods.....

Well about 15 lb of boost but that is all........

Except for the nitrous fogger.......

But jees it goes like a cut cat
:s6:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Not comparing apples with apples is it. With a supercharger, intercooler and full exhaust an XR8 would have the potential to run elevens also.

·
OLD SKOOL
126 Posts
The Stylist said:
It's funny you mention that because in the latest NZ Autotrader there is a new R35 Skyline S/W for sale (Jap Import) called the
Stagea Arx-four RS with a 220Kw intercooled turbo. It also has a 5speed Tiptronic auto along with AWD, 4ws, adjustable diff and a whole lot of other goodies too.
Im talkn about the the " GTR " here buddie! I would doubt that R35's would be imported yet, and also doubt that a normal skyline would be AWD turbo!

·
OFR No.33
201 Posts
There is a similar discussion on the XR6Turbo site about which is quicker the auto or the manual.
Does anyone know when the next Calder Park street drags are on. Maybe once a date is know a few of the XR8's and a few of the Turbos, both auto's and manuals can meet there and settle all the arguments.

·
Formerly Roger
29 Posts
I drove an XR8 the other day....and I drove my mates XR6T a little while ago.....The 8 is no slouch...I was expecting something overweight and under powered......its not...its a very impressive car.

I'll probably get the GT...but as far as I'm concerned......in 4 years time line the 8 and the turbo up......thats is the turbo is still going

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
If my secret squirrel sources are correct, FPV are doing their final round of customer clinics in the next few weeks. Naturally people prticipating won't be allowed to say what they talk about etc but it will be interesting to see what ends up at the Motor Show in October.

AP wonders......

·
Australian Ford Member
1,442 Posts
Just to back up BOSS; I lined up against an acidrush XR6T who was really going fast passing others before he got himself against me at a red light. Too hot to ignore, he was auto(I think)cause he didn't rev his engine, same with me, auto as well.
Good car length just before I hit 40k/h and then stable distance to 120-130 or so.

Unless the turbo gets the perfect launch, it can't beat the XR8.

·
I am a Turbo Wanker
2,379 Posts
ayman said:
Just to back up BOSS; I lined up against an acidrush XR6T who was really going fast passing others before he got himself against me at a red light. Too hot to ignore, he was auto(I think)cause he didn't rev his engine, same with me, auto as well.
Good car length just before I hit 40k/h and then stable distance to 120-130 or so.

Amen to that, I have watched my friends race themselves, XR6T Vs SS with exhaust and its very even. I find that the SS is easier to lauch properly and can wipe the floor with the Turbo time and time again, but get the Turbo right and your away, just SS can catch you if you suck at changing gears.

The BOSS XR8 seems to be much more consistant. Can't say whats faster though.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Could I add my own rumor, there is an FPV XR6T being fiddled with, about 260-270kW and a six speed manual that is being considered as the across the board manual in a future upgrade. Oh there is so much more I could say and have driven but i have been sworn to ABSOLUTE secrecy and please don't ask because i won't say anymore..just remember i did post pictures along time ago of my drive in an XR8 auto before their release......

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
PERVERT said:
Im talkn about the the " GTR " here buddie! I would doubt that R35's would be imported yet, and also doubt that a normal skyline would be AWD turbo!
There is a R35 Skyline S/W out now apparently (in Japan) - if it isn't then I don't know what the hell else it could be.
I can scan a picture of it if you want, or otherwise you could try and find Nissan's Japanese web site and look there.

As for importing new Japanese cars I think you will find that NZ gets a jump on the rest of the world, heck the new Lagacy GT has been on sale here for at least the last two weeks and far as I know apart from Japan it isn't on sale in any other country at this stage - I could be wrong though.

Sorry for getting off track guy's. As far as I'm concerned if FPV do decide to do Turbo six it shouldn't be much more than 260-270Kw's and it should have a different bodykit to that of the GT's

·
OFR No.33
201 Posts
ayman said:

I have started a new thread, and i'll state it again here. I'll be at Calder tonight (1st August) to try settle the arguement. I have a stock auto Turbo and would like to run a few of the XR8's to find out for myself aswell.

It seems at the moment though that the XR8's dont really want to find out. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Fpv

Knock knock Mr FPV...are you listening! I see the dilemma you are in, do I build a turbo six that is faster than my V8's? Don't hold back, build that turbo 6 but don't forget about the V8. Have a word to CAPA, build a blown V8 that is faster than that turbo 6. Follow our dream, build it, we will come!

81 - 100 of 103 Posts