Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am rebuilding a 302 for my XT and would like to know peoples experience with 331 & 347 stroker kits. Would also like to know what sort of horespower and torque made. I am restricted to using the origianl cast 4V heads as it is a GT and want it to look standard from the outside.

Would like to make around 420 to 450 HP at flywheel. All help and info would be appreciated. Thanks Lyle.

·
i'll never grow up
294 Posts
So you have a factory 4 barrel 302w. Does this mean you have 302Boss heads? if not and they are standard 302 heads they are a restriction.
A bit unfamiliar with older heads.
GT40P cast heads if you want to keep a stock look or
I say a 347, victor heads, funnelweb intake. custom cam, roller rockers.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've talked to 3 different people who've pulled 347s out of daily drivers due to ring blow by. If daily driver331, competition 347

·
Registered
6 Posts
George1861 said:
I've talked to 3 different people who've pulled 347s out of daily drivers due to ring blow by. If daily driver331, competition 347
If built right.....you won't have any problems.....347 has my vote.

·
Hotrod Drag & Street Car
234 Posts
go for 347ci. heavily worked 302 4V heads will get you up near the power you want, aftermarket are ideal but being a gt the stock look would be great. trouble is you will need a very non stock looking intake, carb, exhaust, etc to achieve that power, so maybe some painted aftermarket heads can be disguised enough. get back to me if u have any more questions, cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts