Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
currently my mate and i are rebuilding a 351 for my car, i have a 1991 eb falcon, i was wondering can anyone give me advice on whether it is posible to fit my new engine in this car... i previously read an article about a EA GT 351.

·
known as tibbo
2,033 Posts
yes it is possible, the ea-ed have a wide enough bay to accomodate the Clevo's although a windsor would be alot easier

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
look..... sorry if this sounds blunt, but to hte point, how about do some research on this before posting, there have been 2 posts on this inside of a month, and i know there has been plenty of clevo into E-Series discussion in the past, use the search tab....thats what its there for

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
And run it on gas to get around emission laws... Bonnet clearance? Pfft! How has a little issue like bonnet clearance stopped people before? :p Just cut a hole if it doesn't fit!!

·
Mr Sensible...
115 Posts
MADNC_8 perhaps we could be a bit more polite to this curous newcommer Daz351 EB EB- welcome. I do apologose on behalf of MADNC_8 and welcome you to the forums. As for fitting the Cleveland into the EA-ED shell it is possible but alas it is a tight especially width wise but is indeed possible. Personally speaking I suggest you contact a licensed automotive engineer to see if its 'viable'. I myself am contemplating the 351 transplant but I am awaiting a detailed reply and fax's from Rousch in the States reguarding the curious and fascinating prospect. You can run it on unleaded- optimax on newer they are made by CHI- now I remember the name. About time sombody made some hi-octane capable heads. Im sure they also sell the heads locally as well.

Here is the address-

http://www.chiheads.com/articles_05.html

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
Starscream said:
MADNC_8 perhaps we could be a bit more polite to this curous newcommer Daz351 EB EB- welcome. I do apologose on behalf of MADNC_8 and welcome you to the forums.
Here is the address-
LOL
sorry if i offended you and yes i too hope you enjoy your time here,
it just gets vedrry annoying when you see time and time again, people asking the same questions over and over without searching for the information first.

starscream.... you apologise on behalf of me... i feel so humbled!, though i have NFI as to why your apologising. i said nothing but inform teh newby of the search tab.

you say your going to fit a 351 clevo into your EA, and then go on to say youve faxed Rouch, a well known Windsor tuner, and the bloke that built the 351 Windsor for the EA GT project. i presume your trying to build a EA GT replica - you may wish to build the right engine

·
Mr Sensible...
115 Posts
My dad said I could make it in foreign affairs one day but im stuck working in a nursing home whilst writing a autobiography and contemplating the meaning of it all...

MADNC_8
Quote-
"look..... sorry if this sounds blunt, but to hte point, how about do some research on this before posting, there have been 2 posts on this inside of a month, and i know there has been plenty of clevo into E-Series discussion in the past, use the search tab....thats what its there for"

Since somebody is new on the forums thats not a best way for indoctrination
were not at Kapookah on day 2 of basic mate! Not all of us are incredibly computer
minded let alone aware of internet etiquitte so a dose a patience and understanding
is always helpful.

My car will have a Windsor 351 fully Rousch built. He was only asking about the Cleveland setup and somebody else said that a Clevo in a modern car could only run a gas setup now you can run premium in it and for more HP. I wonder if CHI would give
me hand in some hi-HP heads but the idea is tempting but Mr Authencity wants to kick me in the butt as a result. Perhaps if some of the moderators link some of the E-series 351 posts into a how do you call it- big thread thingamebob this problem and aggrevation could be ovoided in the future would be very helpful.

·
Mr Sensible...
115 Posts
I suppose I was like you once life sorted me out one day, thats another story.

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Hehe kids these days.....

Daz, I have seen it done, practically the guy had to cut into the wheel wells a little to accommodate the extractors. It was a fuel injected dual fuel car, but he put it over the pits with no injectors and told them he was too lazy to cut out the wiring hehe so got around emissions that way. Ran a c4 auto BTW.

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
why not a stroked windsor. 347 is close enough to 351 ;).

·
Mr Sensible...
115 Posts
still not close to those magical numbers- 351 4 cubes short though a bloody lot easier putting in though. Though the potential HP oppotunites the Clevo or Windsor 351 blocks offer make it worthwhile.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts