Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, im a newbie to most of this stuff, so Im sorry if this is a repeat post or something I can easily find elsewhere. I've done minor engine work, nothing to the extent of total engine rebuilds, but what better way to learn than to try right?

I have a stock Bronco engine, 351W and i am wanting to build it up for major Off-Road use. I am wanting to get 500+hp out of it, and from what i understand this can be done with common modifications. I got a couple of questions for y'all.

-I have been reading about turning it into either a 408 or 427 stroker and was wondering what power gains to expect and at what cost it could be done at?
-Also, what are reasonably priced kits that are out there?
-What other modifications besides strokin' it should be done in order to get those power gains (intake, oil, exhaust, chip, etc)?

Again, Im sorry if this is basic noob stuff, but I would really appreciate the answers. Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Go to CHI website they built up a 351 windsor bottom end their cleveland heads (ALLOY) very basic set up and got 515Hp on pump gas and 460 foot pounds from memory.I've got a set on my cleveland and can't speak more highly of their quality and performance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts