Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... I've decided to scrape my plans of putting an XR6 motor into my car and have decided to go V8. Only thing is I need some help. Can someone tell me of a place where they do V8 conversions?? and can someone give me a brief summary of the things that have to done?? I am getting the motor from Suburban Imports @ $2800. is that a fair price for a long motor??

Thanks,
Kieran.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi guy

I hope you realise that the Windsors are not the same as the Clevelands, there is a noticeable difference in size between the 302 and 351 Windsor. The 351 is higher and wider than the 302 and you might have a lot of clearance probs. What model car do you have??
Catch yah later

Paul B

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I have an EB with a front end of an EL... So my engine bay is an EL engine bay. I was looking at 351W or 302W since they were the one that fit in easily rather than the Clevo's. but I have been told that 351W dont come injected and they have to be rebuilt to accept unleaded and injectors?? is this true?and where could I get a injected 351W motor and how much would I be looking at??

·
Registered
118 Posts
older model f100 and f150came with fuel injection 351w the old cop paddy wagons were 351w if you can find one
fitting it into a eb engine bay i dont really know if it was me i would sell it and buy a xr8 and stroke the 302 that way you have every thing there or try to get a 302 from a wrecker with all the electronics on it already good luck

·
Registered
542 Posts
Sorry for the confusion (I should have reworded it) I wasn't implying that you fit the Cleveland - I was using it as an example. The 302 and 351 Clevelands use the same block but it is not the same with the Windsors. As I said the 351 Windsor is a lot larger and with Fuel injection etc it probably won't fit under the bonnet. Street Machine rebuilt a 6 cylinder EA into a V8 two door and used the EB V8 sub frame - they used a much modified 302 Windsor that would be my choice.

Paul B

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

Thanks for all the Reply!!!!
cant sell the car cause I've already removed the old motor and didnt take much care of it... do you know where I could get a 302 motor?? I was offered a 302W off an ED with everything, transmission, the works for $4000... is that a good deal?? and can anyone tell me if the EB and ED wires (dash, not the ECU and motor) are simliar???

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
EB-ED are same. As for engines. I was going to drop a 351w into mine. Chickened out. Wanted to save my money. Its not that hard to do. Trust me :) LOL. 351w and 302 are same length if the 351 has a short serpintine water pump. The 351 is just taller. Due to the Larger mains (huge) compared to the 302s smaller mains. The block deck height is wider/taller but not much. As for Fuel injection. You can buy a stock 351w and get a 351w lower manifold from FMS catalog, fit a GT-40 upper(bonnet might just shut). Fit a retro roller cam kit, Crane sell these. Need rear pickup sump too, like XR8's. And your away.
Kon's friend Pete is selling his 351w efi roller block. Complete, minus intake. Its a GOOD engine, 13s Quaters.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
hey slim,

can you give me somemore info on the 351 pete is selling... like $$Price$$...

Thanks for all the tips as well!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts