Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have had an offer of $35k for my 03 BA XR6 towards an 04 BA XR8, the 6 has had some mods- see below- they are offering the BA XR8 to me for around $57k, 22k dif is this a good deal ?

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I personally don't reckon 22k is worth it. As much as I like V8s and all that.

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
Get them to close the gap to more like $15-18k and then you're talking. $22k is too big a gap IMO. Ie they don't have to give you any more than $35K for yours, they just need to drop the price of the new one to around $52 - 53K

·
Well now its a Boss Sedan
19 Posts
What are they offering with the XR8, I hope it has atleast leather, premium sound and 18's for that offer.

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
ls1 Ute said:
What are they offering with the XR8, I hope it has atleast leather, premium sound and 18's for that offer.
Agreed, 57k is alot I would expect nothing less than fully optioned! For around 3k more you may pick up a demo GT, or alternatively demo XR8's are now going for around $52 on road new (floor stock).

I would say they may have inflated your trade in price to keep you happy, then offset it with your purchase cost. The money has to come from somewhere.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Okay the options that i want are, sss auto (bad left knee)
cloth trim (fiance is vegan)
matching spare wheel-alloy
premium brakes
boot scuff guard
side air bags
alarm system
tinted windows
power adjustable pedals
premium sound 6 stacker & sub
sports steering wheel
boot liner
dash mat (sun glare in the 6 is a bitch)
momo sports shifter
scuff plates x2
carpet mats x 4
also forgot to say that the XR6 has had $5600 worth of damage done to it, I had only had it for 10 days and some young P plater smashed into the arse of me, you cant tell that its been hit but i will always know it not the same.

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
CDAA said:
I would say they may have inflated your trade in price to keep you happy, then offset it with your purchase cost. The money has to come from somewhere.
/\/\/\yeah agree with that /\/\/\
shane do you wear leather shoes .....

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes i do wear leather shoes and i go hunting i'm a meat eater, MY FIANCE is the vegan, not me !!!!!!!!!!!!

I know they have bunped up the price, but its easy to play the dealers off agenst each other for the price i want.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went to coffey ford Dandy, this morning they offerd me the same $35k, and $25,400 to change over to the 04 BA XR8, the sales guy knew what he was on about - saw the arse end and asked if it had a cat back or full herrod system, didnt even look under the bonnet !!!
Was thinking for $25k could have it ALL moded by Herrod, unichiped, lowered,wheels,
brakes,suspention,springs, BLOWN !!!!!! (just for u casper !!!!!!!!) this sound like a better plan what do u guys think ?

·
6,021 Posts
shane its your cash you need to spend it the way you think its best, now we should start with a piss up at the mens gallery to talk about this lol

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
XRFPV8 said:
shane its your cash you need to spend it the way you think its best, now we should start with a piss up at the mens gallery to talk about this lol
Dont need the mens gallery get enough action at home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will be calling rob today to get some prices on the following.
Unichip
Herrod rims
brakes/suspension
Springs/shocks
Almost the same set up as the XR6 turbo in the Performance ford mag Volume 4 edition 1, pages 10-16.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Well sounds like you have the $$$ sitting around, so better invested in the current ride I reckon and you will beat nearly all V8's, or buy an ex-demo V8, new cars depreciate so quickly its ridiculous.

Jason

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
Why not wait til october and upgrade to the F6 Typhoon? Supposedly with 280kw Turbo motor and 6 speed auto - that would be worth the difference!

·
You can do eeeit!
1,495 Posts
shane3 said:
also forgot to say that the XR6 has had $5600 worth of damage done to it, I had only had it for 10 days and some young P plater smashed into the arse of me, you cant tell that its been hit but i will always know it not the same.
Who's to say your replacement car won't have a ding in 10 days following by another P-plater? Or damaged in transit to the dealer? If it's running mechanically ok, why trade it in? Mine's had a bingle too and I was thinking of trading it up at one stage. If I were you I'd wait, there are too many "goodies" worth waiting for in BAII.

·
6,021 Posts
Dellboy999 said:
so better invested in the current ride I reckon and you will beat nearly all V8's, .

Jason
BA XR6 N/A will need a few bob spend on it. to beat nearly all V8's

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
XRFPV8 said:
BA XR6 N/A will need a few bob spend on it. to beat nearly all V8's
$20,000 should do it :0)

Jason

1 - 20 of 26 Posts