Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to rebuild my 390 in my ford highboy its a 390 out of a 71.
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on internals for it...
Such as crank, cam, connecting rods, pistons, push rods, lifters, valves, and springs? Ive been doing a lot of looking on crower parts and have not found really anything bad about them. Also interested in edlebrock heads id be going with a 72cc head. With this rebuild im expecting to reach into the lower 400's on hp and mid 4's on torque any idea's appreciated.

·
1,134 Posts
I am getting ready to rebuild my 390 in my ford highboy its a 390 out of a 71.
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on internals for it...
Such as crank, cam, connecting rods, pistons, push rods, lifters, valves, and springs? Ive been doing a lot of looking on crower parts and have not found really anything bad about them. Also interested in edlebrock heads id be going with a 72cc head. With this rebuild im expecting to reach into the lower 400's on hp and mid 4's on torque any idea's appreciated.
:hit:hello and good day:

Have you checked this Link: 1966 FORD 6.4 L - 1968 FORD 390 ENGINE -- BIG/SMALL BLOCK (Part #: FOR-390LB-2)

There is a lot of Links if you just google "Ford 390 cid"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Sterling_Six
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing