Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After recommendations for a Hydraulic roller cam to suit a street duty XW sedan. Was thinking about something in the range of 240/246 @0.050 with around .600 lift with AFD 2V heads. But not sure what would work best for a street only app.

Current engine specs that I know of (sorry this motor was built 5 yrs ago) and I never got the stuff on paper so going by memory. Engine builder has shut shop due to illness, so can't chase more info.

Current heads are Aussie 302 close chamber irons with what ever the stock chamber cc's are 64cc maybe? Was told by engine builder my comp was 10:1.
I have been running a comps cam xe 274H FT stick, 230/236 @ 0.050 .487/.490 lift. Has been a good match with the lower flowing iron's.
New heads will be AFD 2V's and I'm thinking about going with 60cc chambers to bump up the compression a little?
Hoping to reuse my current crane gold series 1:73 roller rockers. they only have about 20k on them. will check on tear down.
Currently using an AFD 2V highrise single plane intake which will cross over to the AFD heads.
1 inch open carb spacer
Holley Sniper 600HP throttle body efi. Sniper hyperspark dizzy, all running on sniper controlled timing. Cam needs to work with EFI!
Currently running 1 3/4 tri Y' extractors but thinking about stepping up to up to 4V 1 7/8's with the alloy's, but thinking about sticking with tri Y's, not 4 into 1. It's a street only app.
3500 coan stally
C5 full manual race built trans.
3:55 rear Kazz center in a good O'l 75 series Borgy with 31 spline axles.
393 bottom end. Sorry can't elaborate on pistons, rods, deck height etc. 2 bolt MA only.

This does not need to be a high revving strip chewing monster, though I think the roller cam setup will allow more RPM.

Currently have my rev limiter set to 6200.

Cheers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had a re think of the whole scenario. I'm going to stick with my 2V iron heads. They have had some prep, (short side radius and a bowl blend) as well as a 3 angle cut and the slightly over sized exhaust valve from memory.

Originally the comps 274h cam was selected because the car was running 2:92 rear gears, a 2400 stally, a stock 2V performer intake and 780 holley carb. I'm thinking about adding this this Cam Tech roller cam with the new engine, stally, rear gear combo or, get one ground if anyone can recommend a good cam grinder in Oz?

The Cam tech I'm looking at is part number CT2021 49934-108. 236/244 with .622/.631 @ 0.050 and 108 lsa. Hoping the 108 lsa won't mess with the efi. Anyone have an opinion on this cam selection for current combo?

So diff ratio to stally not in the ball park? might be ok with the slightly bigger duration roller. I'd also stick with the 1 3/4 tri y's i have already. Cheers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To close this off, going with a custom hydro roller cam through crow cams for my current engine combo. Should add some punch and thump. Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts