Ford Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife has a 98 gt 4.6...i just put the k & n stage 2 system and saw a great change...next i just ordered headers and side pipes...some one mentioned something about changing a chip...can any body help me on this please...thanks migraine

·
Mod/Vintage Mustang Member
239 Posts
Chips? Like Potato Chips? J/K. I can't help there much. I prefer a simpler design.

·
In Too Deep...
217 Posts
Chip

Hey,
A chip can increase your performance... but not very drastically. If you are looking for a drastic change I would go with a Supercharger or NOS, but that can mess up your engine. If you have your mind set on a Chip, I would check out Saleen's POWERFLASH Automotive Performance Computer. It isn't exactely a chip, but its better. I don't know if the POWERFLASH works for the '98 GTs but if it does it should increase your HP by 20 and also increase the driveability. You should be able to find some info on the POWERFLASH at www.saleen.com. If you want a chip I recommend getting on yahoo and doing a search for something like Mustang chips.

·
In Too Deep...
217 Posts
Info on chips

If you don't know anything about chips, basically they are small computer chips under the dashboard that control the cars performance. As you can prolly guess, a better or more expensive chip increase the performance of you vehicle the most.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4.6 gt chips

sorry i think you guys mis-understood me...i relize that the car has a computer and i know where the chips are, i ment to say does any one know what chip i should use for high performence for a street aplication...thanks migraine

·
In Too Deep...
217 Posts
Hmmmmmm

:cool: I might be able to find some info on good chips. I will get back to you soon with some recommendations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts