Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife has a 98 gt 4.6...i just put the k & n stage 2 system and saw a great change...next i just ordered headers and side pipes...some one mentioned something about changing a chip...can any body help me on this please...thanks migraine

·
Gone cruising!
20 Posts
Hey Migraine, the "chip" you are referring to is actually a module that plugs in between the ECM (the computer) and the wiring harness. It alters the information the ECM receives, kind of like tricking it. Generally they change the spark curve (more advance) and the fuel settings (leaner). They can also change the limits for rev limter, speed limiter and shift points, if its an automatic. Superchips and Diablo are just names that come to mind. Hope this helps. Tim.:s3

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4.6 chips

thanks merc blues...i got a hold of superchips and found what i was looking for...
migraine

·
In Too Deep...
217 Posts
Since you have a 98 GT. I was wondering if you knew how much HP they had in 98... And Do you know how much the insurance raises from 98-99?? I am guessing it was a decent sized leap.

·
Cobra Member *hissssss*
36 Posts
Next Upgrades....

After you got all the Superchip stuff done... you might want to consider a MSD Ignition...

Sounds like you're building one mean @$$ pony. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts