Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k, quick question, what years, if any, did a 351w come with fule injection and 4bolt mains, i knew a few had extra meet on em if u wanted to add the extra bolts, and some had partial 4bolt mains but i wanted to know for a future upgrade.

·
Registered
262 Posts
All 302w and 351w have 2 bolt mains except 302 BOSS and the SVO blocks. Fuel injected blocks never had 4 bolt mains as they were mostly used as truck motors in the US and were not really considered by Ford as a performance motor especialy since the release of 4.6 and 5.4 modular motors.

As for all you other questions read this thread

http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=57391

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, so with the use of that link, i read about the early blocks being stronger,...go fig rite, lol, anyway i can use fule injection stuff on them if i have a fulie manifold rite? what about using roller lifters?

·
Registered
262 Posts
You can use the fuel injection just get a manifold to suit your application. Which roller rockers you get will depend on your head selection and engine combo, it has nothing to do with the block.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not rockers, lifters lol, i rember reading that engines started using roller lifters in the mid 80s well, the ho 302 anyway

·
Registered
262 Posts
sorry...my mistake i didn't read it properly ..... anyways you can use roller lifters in them...comp cams & crane both produce the conversion kits to suit solid roller & hydraulic roller...

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Std roller lifters WON'T fit as the bores are too short and lifer pops out.The hydraulic roller lifters are somewhat longer...Why pushrods are so short..
An aftermarket cam/ lifters can be fitted but they have a small bass circle.Not realy optimal for hi performance, but o/k..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts