Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Im selling a brand new in box G-tech Pro in car dyno. You plug it into your cigarette lighter socket, mount it on your windscreen with the bracket and suction cup provided and your ready to roll. It measures 1/4 mile, 0-100, rear wheel horse power, lateral g's, braking g's and a couple other interesting things. They retail for $399, Im getting rid of it for $200. Im in Melbourne, but this thing can be posted anywhere in Australia pretty easily. Any questions contact me on:
Tom
0413 840 793
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
How does it measure power and 1/4 times if it just plugs into the cigerette lighter socket? I thought it would have to be plugged into the computer at least?

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
It's got an accelerometer in it and calculates the G-forces applied to the car while accelerating. I have no idea how they work out how far you've gone and what speed you reach, but obviously some fairly good software does this in the unit. You do need to know the weight of your car in pounds for the horsepower figure to work accurately, but 1/4 mile times and 0-100 seem to be accurate enough (though don't ever trade pink slips based on the results of a G-tech).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey,
inside the g-tech is an accelerometer which is a precision sensor that measures acceleration. Acceleration is a rate of change od speed. The G-tech measures speed by starting from zero and tracking changes in speed over time. Also known as inertial navigation.
Its pretty accurate, to 1/10 of a second. So, if you were going to trade pink slips with that 10 second car, it might really be a 10.1 second car.
Tom

·
8 cylinder symphony
1,348 Posts
I have a g tech as well - used about twice still has box, instructions etc sitting in my drawer...would considering getting rid of it too - only after 69stang has sold his tho to be fair. In sydney.

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
hot_eb said:
I have a g tech as well - used about twice still has box, instructions etc sitting in my drawer...would considering getting rid of it too - only after 69stang has sold his tho to be fair. In sydney.
Let me know if you want to sell it as I'm interested.

I'm in Sydney and will pick it up.

·
2,922 Posts
Wouldn't mind one of these myself if there are any left unsold... I'll keep my eye on the thread if they are still available. Or PM me if you have one for sale at $200, either way.

Cheers... Tim

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PM's read and replied to. Just to let you know, some friends of mine are selling their G-techs aswell. We are just gonna share 1 of them between us, so there are a few more if anyone else is interested. Thanks,
Tom

·
BluePrint Bandit
149 Posts
69stang, Could these be just left in position (ie: are they large?) im just asking because if i bought one i would likely just want to leave it wherever it goes lol

cheers,
Matt

·
8 cylinder symphony
1,348 Posts
r00na said:
69stang, Could these be just left in position (ie: are they large?) im just asking because if i bought one i would likely just want to leave it wherever it goes lol

cheers,
Matt

yeh they could be, (you would still need to adjust it for slants in the road each time though) but i bet my left testicle someone will break into the car and steal it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts