Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Officially Bored with 347
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW not used still in box Ford EEC-V computer suit 5sp manual more acceleration & top end grunt will fit 5.0l falcon from EF-EL possibly AU?? $400 ono
contact [email protected] FORD

S

·
0 Posts
I WILL TAKE IT!!!!!

I have 24psi injectors, cobra upper/lower intake, 65mm throttle body, 70mm air flow.
my car wont run right! I need it!!!! how did you get a hold of it, becuase i work for Ford and these are exchange units, and you have to send a broken EL GT one back to them.

P

·
0 Posts
Yes it's all a bloody secret.Is the U.S stuff not compatable with ours.They use different codes but that's no big deal.You'd think if the motors came from there they would be.We get told all sorts of stuff but I have found alot not 100% true.You may have to work around smart lock etc but engine wise ?? I bet Yes.I found mine idled heaps better when I drilled a 11mm hole in the butterfly started 8mm and went up from there.

S

·
0 Posts
Paul,
you drilled a hole in your Trottle body... A Idle pass air hole? or you talking about your MAF?

·
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey slim....
Im pretty sure hes talk'n bout drill'n a hole in the t/body butterfly plate.. Why i dont know i have pretty much same mods as yaself with no idling probs at all 24lb inj 70mm t/b 80mm m.a.f

P

·
0 Posts
Yes the std has about an 8mm hole 65cobra Nill.Have read on Carrol.net sight to do that for good breathing heads etc need more air,possibly big ports lower velocity? etc Who am I to argue,so I did it and my idle troubles went.I think the idle motor is not quick enough to respond at times or just catch's it cousing surge.Any way I fear'd s**t but I did it no trouble.I started from 8 mm went up and each time I went bigger it idled better& better till around 11mm.Yes in butterfly[throttle plate] same possition as std 60mm t/body.Hope this helps,every one I talked to said it won't work "here",they wanted me to spend thousands on their stuff.$$$$ in there pockets again!

P

·
0 Posts
Full Cobra set up wtisted wedge heads and F303 cam that made the difference it would NOT idle properly with that.There is a part that can be bought from www.summitracing.com that fits between idle bypase & throttle body and you can tune or adjust the air by turning a knob.If you want I'll see if I can find the part number so you can access how much it is etc & order.

·
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im runn'n an E303 is there much dirrerence btween an E303 & F303 they didnt have that cam 4yrs ago & i have no idea of the specs.
Cheers

·
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Obviously my keyboard isnt work'n i meant difference ;)

P

·
0 Posts
The part number is I think a Ford U.S one.
I.A.B fzpz-9f939-a

Apparently the i.a.b has no affect on idle the idle screw is supposed to do that.The i.a.b comes in on low vac & power steering/air con etc.Does it idle ok if i.a.b disc?Though thats not fixing the problem.The plate will help from above,you may be able to check out part # at Ford hopefully they have them here.By the way some say to drill /some not.Though it fixed mine,I suggest check out other options first.But bloody frustrating ha?Trying to help ok.

F303 specs 224/[email protected] 512 lift=notched pistons.58cc chambers.With 6.5-1 r/rockers.We are in the wrong section here.
I got my cam etc 4/5 years ago from states.

P

·
0 Posts
That part # may work with summit racing,but the tech dept there will help you out tell them,by the way 7/24

P

·
0 Posts
svo 302 what eec etc are you running? A chip possibly can sort it out allso.The hole is there to lean it out, they run rich at idle sometimes with Cobra eec esp with cam = lower vacuum.I have been told.

·
Registered
5 Posts
BE WARNED,corral only talks about drilling a 3/16 hole in butterfly,I recommend going through the complere process of resetting idle and idle screw settings before resorting to drilling..
just for the record,my standard 60 mm tb has an 1/8 hole,fms 65 has no hole.
idle bypass plates are about 20 usd,most mustang websites advertise them.....

K

·
0 Posts
On a side note if anyone is thinking of upgrading throttle bodies and will be upgrading the heads/intake to match they may want to consider Tickford's new 70mm unit. By all accounts its a really nice piece and since it is going on the 220kW XR8s it should be easily available from Ford parts counters.

P

·
0 Posts
Yes I went through all this 4/5 years ago.The throttle plate wasn't known of to any one here.I think it was done also for you couldn't turn the t.p.s. back enough to get correct volts.I'm not saying it's a good idea,you can't go back to std,but it worked for me..The 65 t/b on mine was 8mm well a8mm drill just fits.Back then 5 years I'd do anything to get it to idle right.Took it to so many so called experts cost me heaps.Till I did what was done 5/6 years ago in the states.But there are beter ways now.Thank goodness.Would a local tune shope here recomend an idle plate? I wander? No don't do that!Spend $1500 on chip etc $$$$

Kon I hope you can buy the 70mm T/B[Ford] or our man, Jim is going to go through a few ordering them for us.

K

·
0 Posts
My point is once a part becomes available on a regular production (ie not T series or GT) then it should be available without proof of ownership being necessary. Since the new XR8s are getting the 70mm TB then this should apply.

Oh and don't forget that it has the Tickford wings stamped into it for that extra 'coolness'. :)

·
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
G'Day paul... im running the EEC-4 with a chiptorque module.
I had to get it specially calibrated in "realtime" due to my mods, mind you it took 3mths b4 the programmer arrived in Perth to do this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts