Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would a 4 speed auto out of an EB 2 bolt straight in and work no problems in an EA 2 without the need for any modifications?

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
yes it will be fine

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
You could even use an EA box on an EL, or vice versa..... :)

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mongrel EB: have got another question for you. i read your CFI - MPFI conversion and there is one thing i dont get. where you say cut the grey/white wire on the idle motor do you mean cut the wire in half and extend the wire from the idle motor plug into the main loom or do you mean just bridge a wire onto the grey/white wire and then extend it into the main loom plug?

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Either works, the idle motor plug will be hanging unused.
So you can cut it completely, or just tap in. Up to you.

Alex

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Sorry I didn't make it clearer :)

·
Andy the Ambo
39 Posts
Hey

Can you hook a 4 speed auto up in an XF :S ive scored a ed xr6 from a wreck for nothing as my motors tired looking for sumthing good.

Clint

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
thats a no to the xf, as there is no throttle sensor on the XF, the EFI maybe, but carby no way for sure.

I am fitting a 4 speed auto to my ea series (currently 3 speed), so will see what happens, I will have to do some wiring loom merging, but nothing too hard from what I can tell.

·
Andy the Ambo
39 Posts
Yer my xf is efi not carby :) been told yer but rear gearbox mount would have to be adjusted a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts