Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between the BTR 95LE Trans in my ED and the US AOD Trans?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The BTR is an all Australian fully electronic box. From memory the AOD is a full hydro box based on the C6 with an added overdrive. My old Autotech teacher had 1 in his 1977 F100 running a stout 351C. He said the box was the only reason he drove the truck daily as the fuel usage would kill him, and it was straight gas! The AOD proved plenty strong because he was always doing burnouts in the thing with 30" mud tyres.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told the AOD is a C4 with 4th gear.
What I'm interesred in is if this gearbox would be a better alternative if the BTR one kills over in our Fords because they are cheaper to rebuild and there are performance parts available for these transmissions to make them stronger.
What I also want to know if the BTR is hooked up to the EEC module or it is on it's own so a swap with the AOD is straight forward.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
The Series 2 EA and Series 1 EB had a seperate computer for the Auto, but later ones were intergrated with the EEC I think...

·
gone
10,402 Posts
The Eb fairmont ghia had the computer inbuilt to the ecc, however I put in a te50 auto into it and ran it standard from the ecc, I latter got a seperate computer to run it as had majour problems with the selaniods (or however you spell it)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts