Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Australian Ford Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparaently, there's a 4 or 500kW (BIG power, anyway) Falcon T going together over there using some variable-length intake manifold on a stroked Windsor. Anybody know anything?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I haven't heard anything but I do know this guy who works for a car mag that has his ear to the ground. I'll hit him up for some info but if it does produce 400+kW N/A then it must be a bit of a pig to drive.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
A ~400 cube EFI 351W can made 400Kw without it being a pig on the road, even if it was true I highly doubt its a production vehicle

G

·
0 Posts
IIV8II said:
Apparaently, there's a 4 or 500kW (BIG power, anyway) Falcon T going together over there using some variable-length intake manifold on a stroked Windsor. Anybody know anything?
Who told you that?

·
Poor IT guy
506 Posts
The car in question is a TE50 with 500kw. The car uses a SVO R series block with a 5.88 litre capacity. If that amount of power isn't enough it also has a 150hp port injected Nitrous Express kit.

The engine build is featured in Perth Street Car magazine.

Glad to join this fine Ford Forum.

G

·
0 Posts
O.K. silly me had the magazine but haven't read the whole thing yet

Page 1

Page 2

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
I read the last bit of the article and it says that the car can do around 320km/h+ top speed :eek:

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Right, thats It, I'm cracking the sads here, I can not handle it anymore, just stop picking on me, nooooooo stop using that "c" word, ahhhhhhhhhhhh

G

·
0 Posts
HSE2 said:
Yes I can read it I had the same trouble when I tried to scan articles. I have an L plate on my scanner
Heh.. I still have an L plate on my computer.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
That intake manifold is worth US$2000 alone :eek::eek: Flows like an absolute bastard though :eek:

Heres their website

www.mustangbxr.com

G

·
0 Posts
In the next issue they will include some top shelf gearbox and diff parts not normally seen on the streets...maybe something about the clutch as well? cross your fingers Laminge, :D

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Can you buy that mag in the Eastern States?

Also I was just reading an article at Autospeed.com of the 2001 Normally Aspirated Small Block Hp Hero which is a 355ci VK Commodore. It made around 436 Rwhp at the Summernats, which is around 620Hp at the engine.

Now if this TE-50 is making what it claims, 500Kw/670Hp, then it should well and truely be a contender for the 2002 Hp Hero at next years Summernats, if he's entering it??

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
:cool:

This is way cool, isnt it good to see people do good stuff on late model cars.

Cant wait to read more about it

Maybe a Tickford HSV car showdown at Horsepower Heros in the NA comp. Now wouldnt that be that would be cool.

The NA class was won by Nathan Wells with 400.9hp, now I believe the class has been opened up to include all small blocks not just restricted to 400ci :evil: . So anything over 400rwhp will be a contender.

I be interested to see how streetable the solid roller is in this beast, Im having the pistons notched in my new short block to give me the ability to move to solid roller will be watching with keen interest

1 - 20 of 28 Posts