Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Im selling a 416 Stroker Windsor with 2V Cleveland heads. Motor is brand new, never been started. Ive had it under plastic covers for a few years just sitting in the garage. Some specs:
Heads are closed chamber 2V with 4V steel valves. Hardened seats. Roller rockers with guide plates. Extensive porting, and been cc'd.
Block is a late model 351 windsor, painted black. High Energy oil pan. Offset ground 400m crank, tuftrided. Arp rod bolts. Ross racing pistons. Boss Balancer. Manifold is a B&A single plain Track Boss. Awesome and rare intake manifold. After market aluminium water pump. Electronic billet distributor. After market mechanical fuel pump.
Exact same bottom end with cast iron windsor heads made 497 BHP at 5750 rpm, and 512 lb/ft torque at 3800 rpm. This motor should make 50 more BHP with the Clevo heads.
$6000 its yours.
Any questions, call or email
Tom
0413 840 793
[email protected]

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Sounds like an awesome motor. Where abouts are you located?
A mate might be interested in this, I'll forward a copy of the specs to him.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey,
I probably should have mentioned, Im in Melbourne. Also, I never mentioned the cam. Its a Wade item, specs:
108 deg lobe separation
lift @50 560
duration @ 50 250 int and exh

·
Banned
555 Posts
small cam for the power your hoping it will make, and the late model blocks are piss weak and not recomended to be used for anywhere near the power u are/were chasing

so whats your reason for selling it?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
302 windsor "roller" blocks are quite weak, but doesnt stop the yanks from getting making 500 hp motors out of them. It is hard to find a good older 351 windsor block. Ive never heard of the later model 351 windsor as being weak. As for the cam being small for that power, the same combo with Windsor heads made the figures already.
Also, if the block is piss weak, and the cam too small, why do you care why Im selling it? Any serious buyers can contact me on the above posted details. Tyre Kickers and time wasters dont bother. Thanks,
Tom

·
Banned
555 Posts
I care becuse there are alot of people on here who will pay good money for a product not realising that they may be buying a possible dud, I was simply asking the questions others might not know to ask possibly saving some one a lot of their hard earned money if things were to go wrong.

Early 351 windsor blocks are easy to find with virgin bores, and dont cost all that much especially when compared to the cost of an engine using parts like the ones you have listed.

The figures you quoted were for an engine someone else built and dynoed and maybe even botched the figures to make it sound more impressive than it is, as for the americans they can make 1000bhp from there 302's but how long do they live?

Your motor is a stroker also which means more tourqe/horsepower being but onto those near non-existent mains.

Any more questions???

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The figures quoted were from the guy who built this motor. He has built quite a few of these strokers. None have blown up as yet. One I know of was in a RX3 or RX4, i forget, but it got regular track and street use and never missed a beat. Pretty reliable for a 10 second car. A few others have been put it F150 and F250's. In these applications they have run cooler and more economical than the stock motors. Of course they were of a more mild set up. For a motor that never needs to be revved past 6000 rpm, I would be more concerned with getting a strong drive line, dont worry about the block, no worries there little buddy. Also, dont worry about thinking for other forum members, Im pretty sure they are smart enough to do that for themselves. If they want a serious motor, I doubt they need an anonymous ignoramous to ask questions for them. Thanks for caring,
Tom

·
Banned
555 Posts
i'm not gona argue because unlike yourself i can "prove" they are weaker especially when used in a stroker combo.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, thats because you have so much experience with 351 Windsor strokers...... No, you dont, because if you did, I would know who you are. You stick to your standard stroke clevos, and leave the big torque motors to the big boys. Toodles,
Tom

·
Banned
555 Posts
no probs mate thats why u claim to have had your motor "built" by someone and i actually build them, you are a smartass u know and it wont help you sell on these forums.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont understand what you just tried to say, but I dont appreciate some internet geek rubishing my motor. Kapish? You're the smart arse posting disparaging remarks on my thread. Now do yourself a favour. Cya,
Tom

·
slikxb
220 Posts
I've got a late model 51 block with standard internals + clevo heads. it bounces off 8000 regulary with no probs .i've never heard of 51 blocks being piss weak.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I don't want to get involved into this discussion but so far every reputable engine builder that i spoke to said that they wouldn't use the late model block in a performance rebuild and it's not hard to see why.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats weird because a reputable engine builder built this motor. And the reputable engine builders I have talked to dont bat an eye lid about the block. I think someone has been reading US magazines about 302 & 351 roller blocks, which you wouldnt want to go further than 500 bhp. This block aint a roller. If no-one buys it, its going on the dyno in a month and I'll end up keeping it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Put in on a dyno, rev it to 8grand then advertise it again. Somone should buy it if has a dyno report and is strong enough :)

·
Registered
992 Posts
Give the guy a break!

Even late model 351 blocks are considered stronger than any 302/5.0 block made.

Around $6k for a 416 is a steal. Try building one yourself for that price.

There's probably half of what the guy is asking in balancing and machining alone.

·
Registered
262 Posts
69stang said:
Thats weird because a reputable engine builder built this motor. And the reputable engine builders I have talked to dont bat an eye lid about the block. I think someone has been reading US magazines about 302 & 351 roller blocks, which you wouldnt want to go further than 500 bhp. This block aint a roller. If no-one buys it, its going on the dyno in a month and I'll end up keeping it.
I don't need to read the magazines I can prove it to you...I had few early and late blocks sitting in my garage which I sold recently. BTW you seem to be misinformed because there is no 351 windsor roller blocks... Building a high performance motor and using a late model block is like building a house on a swamp....u are just asking for trouble...

l8r

·
Registered
262 Posts
I had a F4 casting 351 windsor block which i sold early last year and unfortunatly it wasn't a roller block...unless someone swaped a roller cam for hydraulic beffore i got it...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts