Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gonna fit a twin cam
356 Posts
Do you mean the eb-ed, or the ef/el. To answer your question, both will work. If you use the ef/el one, make sure you put plenty of silicoln at the front and rear to stop oil leaks.

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
You want to watch the throttle cable positions, unless that's the reason you're changing it?

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
ive got a 4lt rocker cover you can have if you live in melborne. it has been paint stripped becaues i was going to attempt to polish it but now i can't be bothered.

·
351 windsor for the xr
174 Posts
will an AU rocker cover fit an eb xr6 i'm gonna change the inlet manifold to the ef one i'm wondering if a AU cover will work on my head i like the AU ones cause there similar style to the eb ones.

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Yes, I have an AU cover on the 3.9 until I can afford to fix the AU motor :p

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
TIKFD6 said:
I have been thinking of an AU cover myself, they look similar to the EA/D cover, and suit the BBM that i want.
:p
well if you ever change it i will buy your Tickford one you currently have.

·
351 windsor for the xr
174 Posts
there not cheap tikfd6 i've been ringing around the wreckers here in melb and not alot of em even know what a au xr6hp one looks like without the vct i saw one in an xls ute at a panel shop it had a xr6 motor in it without the vct if i can't find one for my bbm conversion i might buy one brand new from ford.

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
TUFESP said:
there not cheap tikfd6 i've been ringing around the wreckers here in melb and not alot of em even know what a au xr6hp one looks like without the vct i saw one in an xls ute at a panel shop it had a xr6 motor in it without the vct if i can't find one for my bbm conversion i might buy one brand new from ford.
werent the AU Tickford covers just a standard AU one painted red??
we get AU tickford motors in at work and all they do is paintstrip them and repaint them a dodgy bright red colour. bit of a waste really.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I went the opposite way EA cover on EF head, problem is fitting the gasket on as the EF head is thicker around the cam plugs.

·
351 windsor for the xr
174 Posts
we get AU tickford motors in at work and all they do is paintstrip them and repaint them a dodgy bright red colour. bit of a waste really.

nah man the one i saw had the tickford logo on it. it would look awesome in my engine bay i reckon

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
TUFESP said:

nah man the one i saw had the tickford logo on it. it would look awesome in my engine bay i reckon
that would be off an EB/ED XR then. the last of the ED had the half moons at the front. you might have seen that one. unless your talking about the AU VCT one. they had a tickford badge but it was on top of the head not the rocker cover.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts