Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I-6 gruntmonkey
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...who's got $15000US for a 420hp crate motor?

One thing, will the Sean Hyland 94mm stroker crank and piston kit work with this engine?

Another thing, since the bore of the motor is 94mm, you'd need at least 97mm in the crank to push it out to 5.4L.

Last thing, do you think FPV have one of these yet?

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
I read about these engines in MM&FF a few years back. If it's the same engine. They are alloy with sprayed cast iron bores, thats right sprayed on while molten hot to alloy cylinder block, then bored/ honed to size. Ford made a few of these for some drag people to use for evaluation.They are very light and alot revier with bigger bore...

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've read about this company in MM&FF that have developed some "Tulip" designe heads which eliminate the valves, pushrods, rockers...etc with this rottary type cylinders which replace the valves and they used a stock 225bhp motor as a test motor. When they replaced the heads with their design the motor cranked out something like 480bhp @ 5500 with no other mods. Apparently their heads eliminate 18% of the friction created by the valve train with their rottary type valves. I don't know if that's what you are reffering to but if it is perssonly I think it's a excelent improvment. Think how much power you could get from a stroked motor or even a stroked 351 windsor with those heads.... The only thing is the price of the heads is something like US15000 which is way out of my price range....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts