Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
gnatsuM
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at replacing the 5.0 in my NC Fairlane with a '69 351W that I already have. My questions are;
- Where can I get an EECIV distributer, in AUS or USA, for the 351W?
- Will the 5.0 roller cam, followers and spider, etc fit the '69 351W by only drilling and taping the spider mounting holes?
- Are the torque converter to flexplate holes the same between the BTR and the older C4?
- How many teeth has the BTR flexplate got?

This is a great forum. I have aquired a wealth of information in the quest for a more powerfull Ford.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think (as far as I know) that the 351W has a different firing order to the 302, so the cam from the 5.0 couldnt' be used.

·
gnatsuM
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The modern 5.0 has the same firing order as the old 351. Something to do with loading the front main too much with the older 1,5... firing order.

·
8 cylinder symphony
1,348 Posts
MHiggins said:
I'm looking at replacing the 5.0 in my NC Fairlane with a '69 351W that I already have. My questions are;
- Where can I get an EECIV distributer, in AUS or USA, for the 351W?
- Will the 5.0 roller cam, followers and spider, etc fit the '69 351W by only drilling and taping the spider mounting holes?
- Are the torque converter to flexplate holes the same between the BTR and the older C4?
- How many teeth has the BTR flexplate got?

This is a great forum. I have aquired a wealth of information in the quest for a more powerfull Ford.
Mate this is exactly what I was thinking of doing down the track to my NC!! Let me know how it all ends up!

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
TA22-3SGTE said:
As far as I know the lifter bores are smaller on the early windsors so the roller lifters can not be used .
Not smaller actually longer in roller engines. The 5.8 came with rollers from 95 on but not all engines so check. The lightning had flat cams..There is a retro kit that can be fitted with a small bass circle cam to allow roller lifers in shorter lifter bore...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts