Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2004 f250 with a 5.4. the muffler has seen its better days and i need to replace it. what is a good aggressive sounding muffler? any input is appreciated.:hy:

·
Registered
105 Posts
A guy here did the flowmaster muffler replacement on his Ranger, now he literally can't hear his airbox anymore!
Check out those sound clips of different series of Flowmaster here (at the bottom):
Flowmaster Mufflers

·
Super Moderator
7,687 Posts
A guy here did the flowmaster muffler replacement on his Ranger, now he literally can't hear his airbox anymore!
Check out those sound clips of different series of Flowmaster here (at the bottom):
Flowmaster Mufflers
My 73 is my hillbilly hot rod. Every now and then my wife and I will take it out for a tour through the mountains. Between the sound of the exhaust and the wind noise, conversations are limited to when we're doing under 45mph.

It's heaven.:hy:

·
Administrator
8,163 Posts
Also need to keep in mind that single exhaust especially with cats in place will have an negative effect on the sound. With a single setup, you could put a glass pack in place of the muffler and it will still be fairly quiet.

Now if you had dual exhaust with cats, Flowmaster 40 series would sounds pretty dang good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently installed the MagnaFlow system on my Expedition with the 5.4L. It has a nice rumble. My JET performance chip and K&N cold air intake are sitting here in my office with me. They get installed this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts