Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably a special for magazine buyers ( $100 less ) but the ad is a little misleading it included the AU engine as the same price as the EF-EL.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmm... 5.4 ..........

Wonder if it'll fit in the ol' EL ?? :read:

·
Registered
3,023 Posts

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Martin said:
They only have 190Kw though, on the other hand it does have [email protected] :cool::cool:
Sounds like the motor in the Mustang GT just like my Model Mustang, it has the SOHC head.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Gee the 4.6 DOHC is 6 inches taller than a 351W and a farkin 9inches taller and 10inches wider than a 302W. Remember a 5.4L DOHC is even taller than the 4.6L :eek::eek:

Where the hell are Ford going to find the room for these things in the Falcon's bay? Is it going to have a great big bloody bonnet bulge like the Cobra R?? Even in Alloy these things will probably still weigh more than a Cast Iron Windsor.

Give me a 351W with some good heads, cam, intake etc plus a 427 stroker any day......

EF_Falcon_Guy, the Mustang GT has 190Kw and [email protected]

·
Champion Goose
398 Posts
I only wish Fords greatest problem was whether or not to have a bonnet bulge or not..........that stroked Windsor does sound tasty. But how about a 454 Windsor stroker with that "Monster crank", now that would be a torquy motor.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Just been reading on corral.net and it seems the 5.4 is lighter than a 351W... :thumbup:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AV 4.5, 5.4 or both?

for all the crap u read nobody seems to know what V8 AV falcon will actually have. wheels says 4.6 base and 5.4 only in t-series, motor only knows holdens and so far only carsales.com.au (automotive networks) has said the 5.4 will be the only V8 for AV - 240kw as option/fairmont/fairlane/XR8 thru to 275kw T-series and 310kw GT - enough to belt holden and hsv. they uncovered the turbo six (230kw), so my money's on the 5.4 - if it fits...

·
HORSE POWER FACTORY
257 Posts
Got 1

laminge said:
Hmmm

5.4 with further work and a polish..

Vortech series 3 blower!!!

hehehehehehe

NAH!:(
Hey minge guess whos got one of them and guess where's it going??:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Martin said:
Gee the 4.6 DOHC is 6 inches taller than a 351W and a farkin 9inches taller and 10inches wider than a 302W. Remember a 5.4L DOHC is even taller than the 4.6L :eek::eek:

Where the hell are Ford going to find the room for these things in the Falcon's bay? Is it going to have a great big bloody bonnet bulge like the Cobra R?? Even in Alloy these things will probably still weigh more than a Cast Iron Windsor.
Somehow they managed to put the DOHC 4.6 in the Millard Falcon and it didn't appear they modified the shock towers or anything like that from what I could see.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts