1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Abuser of Charvels
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
thats friggin ridiculous!!!:neverlear what a waste of a perfectly good vehicle. I cant see the reasoning behind that. Do it to a $500 bomb but not something of greater value! sheesh some people have money to burn!

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
hehe seen it before but i think they actually improved the look of the car
this is how it looks at its best:

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
This has been posted up here at least 4 times before, as it's close to 3 years old now.

Still, it's the funniest thing i've ever seen!!!

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
blueoval said:
thats friggin ridiculous!!!:neverlear what a waste of a perfectly good vehicle. I cant see the reasoning behind that. Do it to a $500 bomb but not something of greater value! sheesh some people have money to burn!
The car had to be crushed anyway, why not have some fun?

Reminds me of a similar article years ago, with a Datsun 120Y at Heathcote. Can't remember the time it ended up at, but their cold air intake scoop was the glovebox liner connected by heater vent to the carby.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
A datsun is fine its an older car not worth much, but a pulsar? and a newer one at that! :AAHHH:

·
Sideways..
1,652 Posts
haha sweet
never seen this before, bloody insane.

·
Proudly Average
1,305 Posts
sweet as - i've got wood just anticipating some Marquis Twin System (tm) action...

can anyone recommend a shit-hot exhaust shop in Brisneyland?

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
If you're worried about a Pulsar, how about a mate of mine who had to get a Corvette crushed? Well it was either him or one of his workmates who took it to the crusher, the car was a couple of years old and had to be exported or crushed.

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
outback_ute said:
If you're worried about a Pulsar, how about a mate of mine who had to get a Corvette crushed? Well it was either him or one of his workmates who took it to the crusher, the car was a couple of years old and had to be exported or crushed.

um am i missing something???
why would you get an option of exporting or crushing a corvette? if it was that stuffed then how could you export it legally?
im confused!

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Imported as a test car, I believe to avoid stamp duty etc, could not be registered in Australia. Nothing wrong with the car at all. The destruction had to be documented.

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
outback_ute said:
Imported as a test car, I believe to avoid stamp duty etc, could not be registered in Australia. Nothing wrong with the car at all. The destruction had to be documented.
or it could have been given to a mechanical insitute for educational purposes.
our local tafe has a car which is never allowed to see the road again. was given buy the manufacturer with no id plates. make a great way to learn about a new car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts