Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Gee hes turining out some cars now. Thats the BA.. he also did that nice EF ute?? think it was EF...

He also did Trevors ute the owner of Perth street car

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
are they the same people that make the V8 conversion kits for 4X4s

regards
rod

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
svo347 said:
Once again Marks Workshop in York has shown how its done.
530 kw xr8 running a 9psi blower..
Great stuff.
www.marksworkshop.com.au
Correction my workshop is at Rods shop in Airport West lol..

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
CAPA have a XR8 ute running 400 odd rwkw's, not sure of the exact power.
Redcliffe dyno also had a monster XR8 ute with 500+kw's.
At the holden v ford show here in adelaide the local Herrod dealer had a blown XR8 with over 500rwhp.
Getting power outa the BOSS with a blower is obviously the way to go.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
flavze said:
CAPA have a XR8 ute running 400 odd rwkw's, not sure of the exact power.
Redcliffe dyno also had a monster XR8 ute with 500+kw's.
At the holden v ford show here in adelaide the local Herrod dealer had a blown XR8 with over 500rwhp.
Getting power outa the BOSS with a blower is obviously the way to go.

only if you can get it to the ground :angel: otherwise it's useless

·
6,021 Posts
the ones out at Clader never impressed anyone, with a 13.07 for a capa BA xr8 with intercooler and a GT-P with capa kit 13.5..which both blow up..
rods ute is quicker than both of them with natural cold air induction..

·
Greed Camera Man
52 Posts
XRFPV8 said:
the ones out at Clader never impressed anyone, with a 13.07 for a capa BA xr8 with intercooler and a GT-P with capa kit 13.5..which both blow up..
rods ute is quicker than both of them with natural cold air induction..
And your point is????

The bottom line is if you are making more power and torque (try and argue as much as you like) the car has to be capable of making the quicker ET assuming that gearing and basic car is the same.

So, the problem isn't the blower kits. It's the driver and the ability to get the car down the strip without burning rubber. Also, are the blown cars running with all their bodywork and exhaust (unlike utes etc where the tailgates are removed and so on).

As for blown engines blowing up it's a bit hard to blame that on the blower setup. I have no idea why these two cars blew up but I've seen it before with forced induction engines - the tuner goes for a few more kWs by leaning it out a bit and when the heat is turned on the engines detonate. You have to sacrifice power a bit and run rich to give the additional cylinder cooling.

Time will tell when some people sort the blown cars properly.

·
6,021 Posts
Mr Greed said:
And your point is????

Hello Mr.Greed, Simple if i was paying $10k+ for a package after 12 meets and many runs at Calder would like to see some nice ET times..these drivers were getting 2.0, 60 footers thats pretty good.. i think they take a long time to wind up. the drivers of these cars were not impressed either they thought easy 12 should be on there tickets..
We have a 290 BA does 13.02 N/A... and a XR8 BA UTE 13.59 N/A Just with a few bolt ons no chip..
I know they have power and torque they have plenty of that on a Dyno, but who wants a horse power roller...At Calder we show each other our time slips not our dyno charts...

·
O.F.R - BIG DADDY C.E.O
571 Posts
XRFPV8 said:
Hello Mr.Greed, Simple if i was paying $10k+ for a package after 12 meets and many runs at Calder would like to see some nice ET times..these drivers were getting 2.0, 60 footers thats pretty good.. i think they take a long time to wind up. the drivers of these cars were not impressed either they thought easy 12 should be on there tickets..
We have a 290 BA does 13.02 N/A... and a XR8 BA UTE 13.59 N/A Just with a few bolt ons no chip..
I know they have power and torque they have plenty of that on a Dyno, but who wants a horse power roller...At Calder we show each other our time slips not our dyno charts...

You tell em love.

Regards Mrs Phantom.

·
Movin!
2,924 Posts
XRFPV8 said:
Yes i seen some of the runs too, while they did ripper burnouts they didnt appear to suffer from wheelspin during the run, both auto's. I dont think it's a case of dud driver, perhaps a better designed s/c can be put on to make more power down low, these ones tend to make good power but only really shows on the track at high revs. Not even the mph they did was anything spectacular

·
walking power
3,035 Posts
Mr Greed said:
And your point is????

The bottom line is if you are making more power and torque (try and argue as much as you like) the car has to be capable of making the quicker ET assuming that gearing and basic car is the same.

So, the problem isn't the blower kits. It's the driver and the ability to get the car down the strip without burning rubber. Also, are the blown cars running with all their bodywork and exhaust (unlike utes etc where the tailgates are removed and so on).

As for blown engines blowing up it's a bit hard to blame that on the blower setup. I have no idea why these two cars blew up but I've seen it before with forced induction engines - the tuner goes for a few more kWs by leaning it out a bit and when the heat is turned on the engines detonate. You have to sacrifice power a bit and run rich to give the additional cylinder cooling.

Looking at your signature it seems you own a blown powered boss, have you taken it down the strip??

·
6,021 Posts
Speaking to someone today spend a little more time and money and work on setting them up better, not just bolted on and away you go..with all that grunt we should be seeing better results on there timeslips.
we would love to hear of some others being setup and running interstate see how there performing there..

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Fordy said:
If im not mistaken Mcinerney Ford(herrod dealer) here in perth had one installed on his GTP and i've heard from alot of sources that he's not happy???
are they just not happy with the performance or do they have other issues

regards
rod

·
walking power
3,035 Posts
I think it was basically the performance.

That should all change soon as Mcinerney Ford is going to have its own performance division called BLACK MAC PERFORMANCE, and they'll have an in house dyno and hopefully all the equiptment to take advantage of the Herrod mods they install.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Mr Greed said:
And your point is????

My Point
as i said in the begining "if you carnt get it to the ground what good is it"

weather they are capable of running better times or not the FACT of the matter is they are NOT

My Pursuit has run 13.02 with all its bodywork including the hard tarp fitted to the vehicle so weight is not an issue

as far as them blowing up i have no answer for you there :angel: but i guess if you take your car back to who fitted the Supercharger & said i want more power & i want it now, dont worry about the money just get it going, something is bound to go WRONG :fraz:

the Supercharger on the XR8 Ute cost $16,000 fitted with an intercooler & tuned & managed a best of 13.03 before going K-Put

Alex, Mark & I were all talking to the Very Unhappy owner on one of his many outings at Calder & he expected atleast a mid 12, hope he gets it along with his new engine

regards
rod

·
6,021 Posts
phantom said:
You tell em love.

Regards Mrs Phantom.
Thanks for the support Mrs.Grand poo bah CEO...Tell the young fella some of the OFR members need his blessing on Friday night...

1 - 20 of 102 Posts