Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Wildlife Photographer
1,413 Posts
Yep, saw that ! What a brilliant idea !
A 5L stroked Mustang V8 in a Focus !!! And rear-wheel drive !
Definately my type of car.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes it is bored, and I mentioned somewhere else, if the 5.4 had the same 94mm stroke, it would give it 5.9L !!!! :) Do ya think a 5.9L Focus would go alright?

·
R.I.P Dimebag
1,333 Posts
then again these things pop up all the time but we never see them take the opportunity, c'mon FPV make one, it may even raise a bit of hype over the Focus; cause damn it definately need some kind of boost.
cheers

·
XR82GO
1,539 Posts
I some how doubt very highly they will make it cause it would blow the doors off the GT if they did. And that wouldn't be a very good look now would it.

·
Mmm, high pressure wash.
3,086 Posts
XR8fella said:
heres a pic i seen floating on here before
Holy crap! I thought it was an N/A V8 they wedged in there (could've sworn that what it said in the articles and other photos) but this pic shows an S/C V8!

But I think the question on everyone's lips is... When do we see the V10 version?! :AAHHH: :s6:

·
Newbie #10458632
100 Posts
3Toed said:
I thought it was an N/A V8 they wedged in there (could've sworn that what it said in the articles and other photos) but this pic shows an S/C V8!
Been meaning to ask this for a while, so I apologies that it's off topic... What is N/A and S/C?

·
I am a Turbo Wanker
2,379 Posts
Those pictures are of the 5.4L s/c mustang motor, 500HP - is the one in Motor 5L or 5.4l? and is it NA or SC?

·
R.I.P Dimebag
1,333 Posts
sylox said:
I some how doubt very highly they will make it cause it would blow the doors off the GT if they did. And that wouldn't be a very good look now would it.
hehe, I wouldn't mind. I don't think it would hurt sales too much because not everyone wants a small rocket, some will still prefer a large v8 muscle car.

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
The Focus that was featured in the motor mag was a 5L N/A crate motor developed by Ford Racing Performance Parts, it's not going into comercial production as a whole car with only a few built but they will be releasing all the parts needed to make a whole car yourself.
With the engine starting at $15,000 US dollars, plus the custom front and rear suspension and the rear-drive drivetrain components also needed i doubt it would be a very cheap excersise to build it.
FPV would be much wiser to stick a Turbo on the current ST170 and have 200kw's packaged in a car that would come in under WRX pricing by a fair bit.
Maybe have it in a AWD version as well if it wouldn't cost more than a STi on the showroom floor.

·
R.I.P Dimebag
1,333 Posts
yeah looks like the turbo may be the way to go. The V8 would be bloody heavy, wouldn't it unbalance the car? Anyway a 200kw sonds like a good upmarket option for the Focus, but really they need to do something eith the 1.8 and 2.0L engines

1 - 20 of 24 Posts